Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

people that are graduating from college are not interested in the dating scene they are interested in the job scene and how to pay their big fat student loan.
unemployed males with low education are extremely interested in the dating scene.
if you are female and 22 the dating scene takes care of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Depends on what "pretend" includes ...
it means what I want it to mean =)

Old 04-15-2009, 01:17 AM

161 posts, read 389,180 times
according to what people have told me, in Chicago the women out number the men, so it's easier for guys to hookup with chicks. I'm not sure if the ratio thing is true, but from my experiances it sound about right.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
yeah I know because I'm the only female on the planet who does this. Sooooo weird
I don't know what this means, but I definitely don't do it. If I wanted to be single, I'd just be single. I don't need to pretend.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 AM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I don't know what this means, but I definitely don't do it. If I wanted to be single, I'd just be single. I don't need to pretend.
I believe you but there are alot of woman out there that do and few that will admit it.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM

725 posts, read 1,849,631 times
As a newly single, (slightly) older than you female - the dating scene isn't so bad here. There is lots to do and many ways to meet people, and such a diversity of people that there is someone for everybody. As a (slightly) younger than me female, I am sure you will do just fine.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 PM

93 posts, read 367,531 times
I'm a 26 year old male who moved to Lincoln Park when I was 23 because I took a job here. The dating scene is pretty close to the "only date if you're rich or beautiful", but that's not 100% true. I don't think girls outnumber the guys either. The only thing I can say is that I've been disappointed with the dating scene so far in the last 3 years in Chicago. Eventhough there's a lot of women, it just seems there are too many transplants. I'm a transplant myself, but it seems that most female transplants have "something wrong with them" and I'm not talking about looks. Whether it's baggage, emotional issues, worrying too much about appearance and social status, or just being a ****. There just seems to be something a little off with every one of them. I can't say I'd ever decide to marry a transplant Chicago girl as I'd basically be asking for a divorce...you just don't bring home these types of girls to mom and dad. I've chosen the single life, I act like a jerk at the bars with my friends and girls seem to love it, they're usually way more drunk than guys on a regular basis, so they're easy to hook up with. Even if I wanted to serious relationship, there just isn't time for it in chicago. There's too much going on with work, friends, hobbies, sports, and anything else. The only people in relationships are the people who REALLY want to be in them. It's a lot of effort to maintain one in Chicago.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngurbanprofessional View Post
I'm a 26 year old male who moved to Lincoln Park when I was 23 because I took a job here. The dating scene is pretty close to the "only date if you're rich or beautiful", but that's not 100% true. I don't think girls outnumber the guys either. The only thing I can say is that I've been disappointed with the dating scene so far in the last 3 years in Chicago. Eventhough there's a lot of women, it just seems there are too many transplants. I'm a transplant myself, but it seems that most female transplants have "something wrong with them" and I'm not talking about looks. Whether it's baggage, emotional issues, worrying too much about appearance and social status, or just being a ****. There just seems to be something a little off with every one of them. I can't say I'd ever decide to marry a transplant Chicago girl as I'd basically be asking for a divorce...you just don't bring home these types of girls to mom and dad. I've chosen the single life, I act like a jerk at the bars with my friends and girls seem to love it, they're usually way more drunk than guys on a regular basis, so they're easy to hook up with. Even if I wanted to serious relationship, there just isn't time for it in chicago. There's too much going on with work, friends, hobbies, sports, and anything else. The only people in relationships are the people who REALLY want to be in them. It's a lot of effort to maintain one in Chicago.
Hmmm.

I don't mean to be a pr**k....

But have you ever thought it might be.... you?

Call me crazy.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:44 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
So you're an ass, the trixies at the LP bars dig it, and then you complain about the girls?

Yup, I think CBC is on to something.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngurbanprofessional View Post
I've chosen the single life, I act like a jerk at the bars with my friends and girls seem to love it, they're usually way more drunk than guys on a regular basis, so they're easy to hook up with.
I might be a transplant and all, but where I come from we call that rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago