Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:38 PM

58 posts, read 185,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer1 View Post
Hegewisch is 'down-and-going', sadly.
They're even starting to get those NARC goon-squads in "unmarked-but-obviously-cop-cars" - apparently fresh off reassignment from Englewood and not realizing they're in ****ing Hegewisch- pulling over random people (for no reason), going through the "LETS SEE THE HANDS! THE HANDS! LETS SEE THE HANDS!" routine while approaching the car and summarily harassing them, either by illegally searching the vehicle or otherwise. Not the kind of thing you'd expect in a neighborhood like that, but apparently, is becoming standard down there.

Don't know if it's just one rogue band of cops or if Hegewisch has moved up on CPD's "citizenry to **** with" list, but it is kind of odd to see that sort of thing go on in a neighborhood that is still largely white.
I agree. That kind of police behaviour should be strictly limited to areas where those black people live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 04:23 PM

20 posts, read 100,650 times
Default move to Douglas near south side - how safe?

Planning to move closer to the city but would like a safe place around $150k .Checked out a couple of places in Douglas close to the South loop( Michigan and E 26th St) right across Mercy Hospital.(close to King drive)..
Is this place safe? I was tempted to buy, but my friends warned me off because the area can be pretty rough around here. With the Olympics stadium proposed to being built in Douglas, I was thinking this place would be cleaned up a bit and maybe a good investment for the future..Any ideas? Incase, it is a little unsafe, would it be easy turn around and rent it easily?

Last edited by syman; 04-28-2009 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 PM

342 posts, read 1,232,751 times
it isn't the worst neighborhood in that area. but it might have some crime and stuff.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:13 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,526 times
a 73 yr old lady got killed there yesterday during a robbery, like bull said its not the worst neighborhood but it does have its fair share of crime

Old 11-18-2009, 06:32 PM

33 posts, read 122,289 times
How come nobody has mentioned Chatham?

Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
^^My first instinct would be that it isn't particularly "safe". Things have been going downhill for a while there. The homeowners take a lot of pride in the neighborhood but unfortunately it's the renters and bad elements from outside the neighborhood bringing it down faster than the Hindenburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago