Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:29 PM

527 posts, read 1,249,839 times

Advertisements

everyone complains about Daley on here but none of you know what it is like to be a power broker on that scale. He is making decisions with knowledge of a much larger pie and competitive landscape for Chicago, and when you make light of his accomplishments I'd like to see it done with a little bit of background boasting first. For example: "I am responsible for the growth of Salt Lake City over the past 5 years because of ______ and I feel Daley could do _____ better because of my knowledge of ______ which is ___________." An invalid way to assault the Daley regime is "I don't like daley because I got a parking ticket. You can still obviously post that but readers like me thirst for hard facts, and will just pour right over it like we do Luke Wynn's column on basketball on si.com. Luke Wynn doesn't know what he is talking about because his rankings never reflect what happens in the tournament, and cater to schools with large fanbase as a means of boosting his support base and readership. I know this because I have been an avid NCAA fan for 10 years, reading many authors, and I always score great in my tourney pools, and you can easily check his past tourney calls as a matter of public record on si.com. And they are biased as stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago