Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 02:30 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer1 View Post
Not "perfectly acceptable", no.
Like I said. It's up to them. I don't own in an area that needs that sort of attitude, but I'm far more sympathetic with the residents who want to preserve their community than I am to the garbage that moves in on Section 8 vouchers and insists on destroying it.
Mildly acceptable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 01:10 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,586,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Cosign

I'm African American in case you didn't know. Its like even if the black family is upper middle class in Chicagoland, some whites are still uncomfortable living by them. All this talk about its social income is the reason is not always the case. The excape routes in Chicagoland are getting smaller and smaller, so people are going to have to leave by each other someday or you live in the boondocks. Plus the economy is doing not so good, so many people are staying put for the moment.
I agree with you that people are staying put. With todays economy blue collar Joe is simply running out of options that he can afford. Also I don't see that changing anytime soon because gas prices are SOARING once again (eg. $2.64 a gallon here in Columbus).

Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Mildly acceptable?
I can most certainly agree with pokerplayer1's post.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:16 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
I can most certainly agree with pokerplayer1's post.
The part about murder being acceptable, provided its only done by whites against blacks?

Old 06-01-2009, 02:29 PM

To answer jdiddy's last post: No, I hate murder and it's pure EVIL in ALL ways. What I agree on is about being much more sympathetic to the longtime residents who want to preserve their communities than the trash , whether section 8 or not , that ruin the neighborhoods

Old 06-01-2009, 02:31 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,609 times
Everyone agree with that. That some techniques are immoral and/or self-limiting was the more substantial debate.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
So lynching (ie murder) would be perfectly acceptable? How about fire-bombing? Cross-burning?
Get real. In the game of inter-racial murder and mayhem, black on white crime dwarfs everything else. When 11% of the population commits 54% of all homocides, and when gov't policy is to spread out single, semi-literate baby-mommas and their semi-literate-criminally prone children, it has to be OK to resist.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:13 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Allover View Post
Get real. In the game of inter-racial murder and mayhem, black on white crime dwarfs everything else.
The question was on keeping folks out of neighborhoods. You have any instances of black folks coming together to use violence to keep whites from getting in an area?

On crime, the vast majority of crime does not cross ethnic lines. There is a crime problem in America, plus we have a long-standing, seemingly insolvable racial divide in this country. Harping about the relatively-infrequent instance of black on white murder sheds no light on how to help the crime situation and exacerbates racial animosity unnecessarily.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:03 PM

333 posts, read 1,147,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The question was on keeping folks out of neighborhoods. You have any instances of black folks coming together to use violence to keep whites from getting in an area?

On crime, the vast majority of crime does not cross ethnic lines. There is a crime problem in America, plus we have a long-standing, seemingly insolvable racial divide in this country. Harping about the relatively-infrequent instance of black on white murder sheds no light on how to help the crime situation and exacerbates racial animosity unnecessarily.
Can I puke now?

Old 06-18-2009, 11:01 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
Can I puke now?
Are you still here? This is another one of your irrelevant, pithy comments.

You wanna come up with something thought out and on topic? It would sure be a change.

Did you ever figure if the former police chief of Melrose Park was guilty (he was convicted) like you allege as to Ike Carothers (he's indicted)? Or does your indignation run along ethnic lines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago