Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry3911948 View Post
if you stab a cob you should use 2 small forks which fit in either end.
Also lots of butter and soya helps.
haha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 11:45 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
The death of a cop is one of those things that, in theory, is probably bad. In another time, when I'm feeling differently, I'd genuflect in a separate manner.

The reality, however, is that the CPD is a horrifically corrupt bastion of uneducated alpha males with an inferiority complex. They've personally made my life, and the lives of many, many others, a living hell. I've never actually seen them do anything useful. We've had so many issues with the CPD and their tasers, their outright racism and the drug racket they profit from... The corruption they spread and the political BS they spawn...

I sat here for a long time and wondered, how do I express myself without sounding like I enjoy the death of another? I certainly don't. It's a tragedy and a heartbreak, but I feel such anger towards the CPD. I don't take death lightly. But really and truly, as a citizen, I would be lying if I said that there wasn't a part of me that felt righteous at the thought of a Chicago officer somehow getting what he deserved.

I'm going to addendum this by saying that there are good cops out there, and they do a good civil service in a terrible job. Lord knows they're under-appreciated, overworked and godawfully under-budgeted. All to stand in harms way and genuinely try to right the wrongs of crime. I'm even somewhat sure that there's a sizable population of such cops on the CPD.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:23 PM

161 posts, read 411,668 times
Chicago cops corruption? Nothing. India, Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Tibet, Libya, Somalia, or countries like that have corruption, not Chicago. Put yourself in this situation. You are a Chicago cop. You're a leiutenant, and you make 60k a year and is pretty much gauranteed that for life. A major drug dealer offers you an entire 20% of his take, which adds up to 20k/ year, and in turn you take the risk of going to the pen for 10 years... as a cop... And that would be a huge offer, AND drug dealers don't make 100k. How much money do you think these drug dealers have to buy cops? Not enough! Start showing some gratitude; this country is great.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Wow who robs a Walgreens- the irony is that Walgreens robs the neighborhood with their extra high ass prices
We shouldn't diss Walgreens. It's a local company that hasn't declared bankruptcy... at least not yet.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:15 PM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,163,011 times
Would rather have aggressive cops who deter poss violent criminals from hanging out near where legitimate taxpayers tend to live/work/dine/shop

Just don't know of upstanding taxpayers in any major city being hassled by cops....suspect corruption is a global phenom, not unique to Chic....don't really care what cops do in managing the less upstanding elements of any major city

Tend to look at bottom-line stuff like violent crime rates in upscale areas, potholes in streets, etc....and state income tax rates needed to achieve basic safety and competent fwys, roads and parking garages....IMO, Chic is arguably world's most efficient city

Old 12-15-2008, 08:19 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
We shouldn't diss Walgreens. It's a local company that hasn't declared bankruptcy... at least not yet.
I do not think it is in any danger.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:27 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveLoganSquare View Post
Chicago cops corruption? Nothing. India, Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Tibet, Libya, Somalia, or countries like that have corruption, not Chicago. Put yourself in this situation. You are a Chicago cop. You're a leiutenant, and you make 60k a year and is pretty much gauranteed that for life. A major drug dealer offers you an entire 20% of his take, which adds up to 20k/ year, and in turn you take the risk of going to the pen for 10 years... as a cop... And that would be a huge offer, AND drug dealers don't make 100k. How much money do you think these drug dealers have to buy cops? Not enough! Start showing some gratitude; this country is great.

have you been reading the news? have you heard about that cop that was stealing chips from walgreens or what about those 14 cops that got arrested because they thought they were providing security to drug dealers and the people were undercover feds and they were paying them about $2,000... stop being stupid and naive and open up your eyes read a little too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago