Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times

Advertisements

Hungry anyone? Chinese or Mexican?

Decomposed body found in sewer :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime (http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1222187,body-sewer-101508.article - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 09:33 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,780,988 times
This is really close to my house. I'm very curious to hear the rest of the story on this one. It seems like an odd place to dump a body.

Uptown Update has some interesting comments on this matter...

www.uptownupdate.com

Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 AM

838 posts, read 3,096,465 times
I think the last time I saw a dead body was in a sketchy neighborhood in Baltimore

Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 AM

56 posts, read 143,028 times
I've always wanted a human skull.......and before you think I'm nuts, it's because of some of the Renaissance paintings where the saint or sage had one on his desk along with books, latin manuscripts, etc. as a reminder of "one's mortality". Like something from Hans Holbein.

St. Jerome is often depicted with one:
Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by jessiegirl_98; 10-16-2008 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 10-16-2008, 03:22 PM

414 posts, read 884,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelrich View Post
I've always wanted a human skull.......and before you think I'm nuts, it's because of some of the Renaissance paintings where the saint or sage had one on his desk along with books, latin manuscripts, etc. as a reminder of "one's mortality". Like something from Hans Holbein.

St. Jerome is often depicted with one:
Moderator cut: copyright
If you want one bad enough you could get one on eBay. They range from 500 to 1000 dollars and are sold for medical research only, but maybe you could convince someone to sell it to you for a little more money

Old 10-16-2008, 03:35 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,780,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMonk View Post
If you want one bad enough you could get one on eBay. They range from 500 to 1000 dollars and are sold for medical research only, but maybe you could convince someone to sell it to you for a little more money
Seems like a bad idea. I'd hate to have to explain that one to the cops somwhere down the road...

Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnparker View Post
I think the last time I saw a dead body was in a sketchy neighborhood in Baltimore
My wife and I came across one in the back alleys of New Orleans. It was a pretty fresh one.

No good story to it either, apparently somebody had OD'd.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM

5 posts, read 19,832 times
I wondered what was going on at the park when I left for work on wednesday, they had just started taping it off. I less then a block from the "scene." Got my wife kinda spooked

Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 AM

968 posts, read 2,665,057 times
Hmmm..two 'shocker headlines' on the forum in the last two days ..what's next, the classic :

" HEADLESS BODY IN TOPLESS BAR !!" ???? :0

Old 10-28-2009, 12:35 AM

4 posts, read 12,137 times
I posted this on some other threads -but am reposting it here too, because now I know -- it's a ROTTING BODY! :-) We moved to Chicago a month ago and live in Lakeview. The smells are so bad in our apartment we don't know what to do. The whole neighborhood, and not just our apartment, smells like a combination of rotten banana, stinky feet, and peppermint. It's gross and I can't get it out of my nose. The other night it was so bad I actually thought I was either pregnant or had a brain tumor. I went to the store and got a sinus rinse and nose spray, and no joke, I then went to the doctor and got a Z-pack of penicillin in case I actually did have a sinus infection. The smell was lessened, but guess what? It's still here. I wish someone would just explain: It's the lake dumby! Or that: It's the sewage smell coming up into your 11th floor apartment from the pipes. But when the air conditioner is on, or the fan in the conditioning unit, or the window is open, it seems to be coming from outside. Is this just how Chicago smells? I really don't like it and it makes me feel like throwing up. If it was just musty decaying of old leaves I think I could handle it, but the smell is sickly sweet and festering like something died. Could it be carpet glue? And yes, I smell it in the water - like dirty feet. I got a Britta filter pitcher and that's helped. Anyone else? And no, you are all not crazy, and I hope I'm not either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago