Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
If you have the chicago card, you can just call the CTA and transfer the balance to the new card they mail you, which comes pretty quickly. Mine came in 3 days last year when I lost my wallet on a CTA bus.
I do not like the government and police being able to track me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
Default Some how the card seems less intrusive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I do not like the government and police being able to track me.
You may have noticed the GIANT flashing blue lights and microphones on various poles throughout the City. Guess what. CAMERAS are in them. Much easier for the government to track you that way...

Old 06-03-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
You may have noticed the GIANT flashing blue lights and microphones on various poles throughout the City. Guess what. CAMERAS are in them. Much easier for the government to track you that way...
Uhh yeah,I have known about them for years. In fact I knew about them going up before they were announced publicly. I am not from Iowa.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:37 PM

I sorta am! Well dad moved from Dubuque after the Depression... You know what else? Rockwell Collins is too, they manufacture the Defense Advanced GPS Receiver. You know what they can do that with that puppy? That's right track things to within 4.8 meters. Coincidence? I think not...

Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 PM

149 posts, read 454,538 times
Dumb new person in town question: Where do I buy these weekly/monthly passes?

I feel dumb since I put a $20 into the machine on Monday and will need to pump another couple bucks in on Friday to get me through the weekend.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I sorta am! Well dad moved from Dubuque after the Depression... You know what else? Rockwell Collins is too, they manufacture the Defense Advanced GPS Receiver. You know what they can do that with that puppy? That's right track things to within 4.8 meters. Coincidence? I think not...
I dont hate Iowa, I actually like it. Ok, I am not from Nebraska. Is that better?

Yeah, the GPS crap is pretty scary too.

My point is, I will avoid the intrusion of government or law enforcement into my life as much as possible, whenever possible.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguymike View Post
Dumb new person in town question: Where do I buy these weekly/monthly passes?

I feel dumb since I put a $20 into the machine on Monday and will need to pump another couple bucks in on Friday to get me through the weekend.
Just about any currency exchange. Many Jewel and Osco food stores. Some banks.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:58 PM

Default I can understand your point...

Quote:
I dont hate Iowa, I actually like it. Ok, I am not from Nebraska. Is that better?

My point is, I will avoid the intrusion of government or law enforcement into my life as much as possible, whenever possible.

I sorta feel the same way, but I had to laugh when I pictured you wrapping your head in Al foil to avoid the "rays"...

The Plus Card is obviously designed to make the whole system MUCH harder to scam. The RF feature ought to also speed loading of buses, no swipe, means nothing to wear out. The CTA ought to do a better job of promoting the things, but just like the Toll Authority has maybe been too successful with I-Pass lanes and can't figure out what to do with unneeded booth workers fast enough, the CTA likes its little of army of good little workers that help "get out the vote" when needed...

Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Quote:

Doesn't posting on the internet often leave you vulnerable to that as well, at least as much as letting 'them' know you got on the Brown line at Adams and Wabash Sunday afternoon at 3:37?

Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Doesn't posting on the internet often leave you vulnerable to that as well, at least as much as letting 'them' know you got on the Brown line at Adams and Wabash Sunday afternoon at 3:37?
I do not use the Brown Line too often anymore. I guess it all depends how much info someone gives online and if anyone that you entrust with personal info on a site decides they will tell everyone else. I have met a few people on this site and I trust the ones I have met. They should know they can trust me too.

But you are right overall. I dont encourage people to give out TMO on any site. If anything DM people with specific info to people that you at least think you can trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago