Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:45 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
...Did her *ss go POW??? LOL She's from the Chicago area, isn't she?
Yes and yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,252 times
Question for anyone that has info - I'm planning to move back to the Lakeview area (currently in Jefferson Park) and I'm going to be getting into the apartment looking phase within a couple months. Looking to rent a place beginning April/May and I was wondering if anyone knew of good spots open or coming available.
I know of the typical apartment-search websites and I'm familiar with businesses like The Apartment People if I need to do a day of showings. But I'm thinking more in terms of areas/corners/streets that people have seen 'For Rent' signs or buildings that look like a good spot to rent. Ideally I'd like to have a 1bdr as close to Wrigley as possible, but anywhere in Lakeview would work if the price is right! Thanks in advance.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 PM

838 posts, read 3,097,029 times
buildings around the corner of roscoe and halsted usually have apts for rent. I believe they range from the 900s to 1800, and i would never pay 2000 for one bedroom in chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBWrigley44 View Post
Question for anyone that has info - I'm planning to move back to the Lakeview area (currently in Jefferson Park) and I'm going to be getting into the apartment looking phase within a couple months. Looking to rent a place beginning April/May and I was wondering if anyone knew of good spots open or coming available.
I know of the typical apartment-search websites and I'm familiar with businesses like The Apartment People if I need to do a day of showings. But I'm thinking more in terms of areas/corners/streets that people have seen 'For Rent' signs or buildings that look like a good spot to rent. Ideally I'd like to have a 1bdr as close to Wrigley as possible, but anywhere in Lakeview would work if the price is right! Thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:48 PM

Crime seminars:

The Lake View Citizens' Council (LVCC), the 19th and 23rd District Police Departments and 44th Ward Alderman Tom Tunney are working together to present a series of Crime Prevention and Public Safety Seminars. Please tell your friends and neighbors about these important events.
Learn How To Prevent Crime in Lake View

We are putting on a series of monthly seminars to be held at various locations, dates, times and locations throughout Lake View. We hope you will attend these seminars to learn of tips to prevent crime on your person, car, home, garage or business while also learning of programs to protect children on the Internet, finger printing of children and crime information for our area. Our first three seminars are as follows:

* Jan. 14, 2009 (Wednesday) at Wilde (3130 N. Broadway) noon-1:30 p.m.- For business owners
* Jan. 22, 2009 (Thursday) at St. Luke's 1500 W. Belmont 6:30 p.m.- For business owners
* Jan. 26, 2009 (Monday) at Sheil Park 3505 N. Southport 7p.m. - For residents

Together we can keep Lake View a safe place to work and live. Be sure to check the LVCC Web site often for the latest schedule of events in your neighborhood.

Sincerely,
John
Lake View Citizens' Council

http://www.lakeviewcitizens.org/notices.asp

Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 AM

U.S. Fifth Congressional candidates

"Join us Sunday, February 22nd at Inter-American School to hear the candidates running for the vacated U.S. Fifth Congressional seat. The primary election is March 3, 2009 and the general election on April 7, 2009. All candidates have been invited to participate. Each candidate will make a brief opening statement and then receive questions by a moderator. Those in attendance will have time to ask questions. Ben Bradley of Channel 7 WLS will be the moderator. The candidates who have confirmed are John Fritchey, Mike Quigley, Sara Feigenholtz, Pat O'Connor, Jan Donatelli, Frank Annunzio, Paul Bryar, Tom Hanson, Jon Stewart, Deb Gordils, Mark Frederickson, Matthew Reichel, Tom Geoghegan, Daniel Kay, and Simon Ribeiro."

http://www.lakeviewcitizens.org/file...en-Feb2009.htm

Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 PM

"CUBS ANNUAL COMMUNITY MEETING
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Inter-American Elementary School (851 W. Waveland)
There will be a community meeting to discuss the 2008 season and the issues that impacted the surrounding community. This meeting will allow constituents the opportunity to discuss concerns regarding the upcoming
2009 season. Representatives from the Cubs and appropriate City Agencies will be present to answer questions posed by the community.
================================================== ================
EASTER EGG HUNT AT WUNDER'S CEMETERY
Saturday, April 4, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Noon
Wunder's Cemetery (3963 N Clark) is celebrating its Sesquicentennial (150th) anniversary with this free event open to all neighborhood children and parents. Hunt for eggs and have fun with local history. Parents are asked to attend with their children for the duration of the Easter egg hunt. Refreshments will be provided. Please RSPV with name and number of children at
wunders_cemetery@sbcglobal.net or 773-525-4038.
================================================== ============================
WRIGLEY START EARLY RUN
Saturday, April 18, 2009 with a 8 a.m. start at Cannon Drive & Fullerton. The Wrigley Start Early Run spotlights efforts to prevent child abuse and neglect and raises money to support Prevent Child Abuse America's and Voices for Illinois Children's programs. Kids Dash and Awards Ceremony to follow Run/Walk."

The LAKE VIEW CITIZENS' COUNCIL (LVCC)

Old 06-13-2009, 11:15 AM

All below info is from the Lake View Citizens council. Go to the website for more info and for more activities and events.

The LAKE VIEW CITIZENS' COUNCIL (LVCC)

"Free Outdoor Summer Movie
Bolt (Rated PG)

Join CLVN, HN and CLMA as they present their annual summer movie for free at Hawthorne School (School and Seminary streets) tomorrow (Sunday, June 14, 2009 at 7:30PM. We will show cartoons before and sell ice cream, popcorn and refreshments benefiting Weisman Park Renovation. Bring your chair and blanket and enjoy the evening with your neighbors! "

Bike Tour of Lake View

Join other residents, Alderman Tom Tunney, 19th and 23rd District officers, Lake View Citizens' Council and Chicago Bicycle Ambassadors on a leisurely 6-mile ride through Lakeview.

Monday, June 15, 2009 at 5:30 P.M. (We will meet at 5:15 P.M. and depart at 5:30 P.M.)
Meet at 1100 W. Waveland (next to the firehouse at Seminary / Waveland)
Helmets are strongly recommended
Taillights/headlights are required after dark
Bring a lock if you are joining us after the ride for refreshments"

Last edited by Avengerfire; 06-13-2009 at 11:34 AM..

Old 06-13-2009, 11:23 AM

As some of you may have known for quite some time (this has been planned for a few years) the Jewel at 3630 N. Southport Ave is planned to be torn down and rebuilt. The store will be closing on June 26th,2009. The new modern store will not be finished until fall of 2010.

For more information on this project and other major projects in the 44th Ward open this link:

Jewel project info courtesy of Alderman Tunney (http://44thward.org/Devel%20Constr%20Pages/Major%20Projects%20subpages/Jewel.html - broken link)

Last edited by Avengerfire; 06-13-2009 at 11:33 AM..

Old 06-27-2009, 10:55 AM

Important parking restrictions,street closures,and bus reroutes for Pride Weekend

Alderman Tunney 44th Ward

"In addition to Chicago Pride Fest yesterday and today on Halsted, the 40th Annual GLBT Pride Parade will take place tomorrow, Sunday. The GLBT Pride Parade assembly area is on Halsted Street between Fullerton and Belmont. The parade route is north on Halsted Street from Belmont to Grace, then south on Broadway to Diversey, then east on Diversey into the park at Cannon Drive. The parade map indicates both the assembly and parade route areas. The assembly area will be closed to traffic beginning at 10:00am. The parade route will be closed to traffic beginning at 11:00 am. The entire assembly/route area will be posted with temporary signs indicating "NO PARKING on Sunday 28, June 2009 from 5:00am to 8:00pm." There will be additional parking restrictions on Belmont Avenue between Sheffield and Broadway, on the east side of Clark Street, from Halsted to Wellington, and on Wellington Avenue between Halsted and Clark.

Due to the volume of vehicles involved, the issuing of parking violation citations and towing will start at 5:00am - Promptly. Parking restrictions will also be in effect on Halsted Street from Addison to Grace. Parking will be prohibited in this area from Friday, June 26, 2009 10:00am-11:00pm and Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:00am through Sunday, 28 June 2009 8:00pm. These areas will also be posted with temporary signs indicating the above listed dates and times. Violators will be ticketed and towed.

Cross streets along the parade route will be closed beginning at 11:00am. The parade will step off at 12:00pm and will take approximately two and one half hours to finish crossing Belmont & Halsted. After this time the floats will still be winding their way to the finish at Diversey & Sheridan. Halsted Street, from Belmont to Addison will remain closed after the Parade passes and will be utilized as a Safety Buffer Zone. Streets will be re-opened along the parade route after street cleaning is completed. We will try to assist community members getting in and out of the area as best we can without jeopardizing anyone's safety. Due to the logistics of the parade route, some residents will unfortunately be inconvenienced. Adjusting your travel schedule during the time of this event will eliminate some frustration and help reduce congestion.

CTA buses on Addison, Belmont, Diversey, Sheridan, Broadway and Halsted will be rerouted during this event. Information on the reroutes can be obtained by calling the CTA Customer Service at 1-888-YOUR-CTA (1-888-968-7282).

Any questions pertaining to this event can be directed to Officer Jose Rios at the Town Hall Police Station - 23rd District, Community Policing Office at 312-744-0064. During the parade, our primary concern will be to maintain the highest degree of public safety possible for residents and the hundreds of thousands of visitors. We ask that everyone do their part to assist in making this event safe and enjoyable."

Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM

"Join other residents, Alderman Tom Tunney, 19th and 23rd District officers, Lake View Citizens' Council and Chicago Bicycle Ambassadors on a leisurely 6-mile ride through Lakeview.

* Thursday July 30, 2009 at 6:30 P.M.
* Meet at 1100 W. Waveland (next to the firehouse at Seminary / Waveland)
* Helmets are strongly recommended
* Taillights/headlights are required after dark
* Bring a lock if you are joining us after the ride for refreshments

For more information call: the 19th District Community Policing office at 312-744-5574 or
the 23rd District Community Policing office at 312-744-0064 oremail 23ehotline@chicagopolice.org."

The LAKE VIEW CITIZENS' COUNCIL (LVCC) - Newsletters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago