Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 09:36 AM

4,666 posts, read 3,305,448 times

Advertisements

TBideon, good morning,

FINALLY the good weather today!!!

I shall be sipping that drink outside of Lalo's OUTSIDE today!!!!!!

Everyone get out there and soak in that Vitamin D. Have a great day everyone!!

Guess WHO is going to be getting out of jail EARLY TODAY?!?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 10:05 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,195,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
We've suffered endless windy and grey days in Chicago. It was an ugly winter, just without much snow.
But we never have a winter anymore which is sad! We deserve it after dealing with these insane summers!

Old 05-10-2022, 10:24 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,516,444 times
Crime is up (even in places like River North) but other than that, sounds like you'll be fine. Job market should be fine, check www.indeed.com

Good luck with your move and next chapter.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:54 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,275,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptureCoolThings View Post
And how do people find an apartments in Chicago these days? Via an agent, Craigslist, or other resources?
My sense is craigslist is no longer used as much as it was ten years ago. It succumbed to spam/low quality posts.

There are newer sites like Apartments.com, Zillow, and Zumper which offer a much nicer apartment search experience.

One change is that these sites are often hooked up to an online application process which checks credit, criminal history, and evictions for a fee (about $50, paid by you).

Another change is that security deposits have been phased out by many landlords, replaced by move in fees which while about half the value of a month's rent, are non-refundable.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:10 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,339,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I live in Chicago and winters are very mild sadly
I, for one, am happy that Great Lakes winters appear to be trending milder in general. I've never been a fan of heavy snow and bitter cold.

Of course, I'm not a big fan of heat and humidity, either. I like milder days.

I've read that in Cuenca, Ecuador, temps rarely go below 40 or above 70. Sounds like my kind of weather. Maybe I'll retire there.

Old 05-11-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I, for one, am happy that Great Lakes winters appear to be trending milder in general. I've never been a fan of heavy snow and bitter cold.

Of course, I'm not a big fan of heat and humidity, either. I like milder days.

I've read that in Cuenca, Ecuador, temps rarely go below 40 or above 70. Sounds like my kind of weather. Maybe I'll retire there.
Sounds good! I actually have friends in Florida laughing at me now as its cooler there as we suffer in the heat here. And a neighbor of mine just back home from florida and even said it was cooler down there especially at night. Then she comes home to this horrid heat!

Old 05-11-2022, 05:23 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,718,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Sounds good! I actually have friends in Florida laughing at me now as its cooler there as we suffer in the heat here. And a neighbor of mine just back home from florida and even said it was cooler down there especially at night. Then she comes home to this horrid heat!
One of my friends was telling me that she went on a little day trip yesterday in N Florida and the weather was fantastic. Meanwhile, I need to prep for a hiking trip in 2 weeks and am trying to hike after work and hoping not to get heatstroke. This weather is definitely FL summer weather for sure. Unfortunately I have no choice since it appears we are going back to lots of rain next week.

Old 05-11-2022, 06:03 PM

10,383 posts, read 6,953,751 times
If Winter is "too mild" in Chicago, then there's always Detroit Lakes, Mn.

My Winter's are mild...

Old 05-11-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
One of my friends was telling me that she went on a little day trip yesterday in N Florida and the weather was fantastic. Meanwhile, I need to prep for a hiking trip in 2 weeks and am trying to hike after work and hoping not to get heatstroke. This weather is definitely FL summer weather for sure. Unfortunately I have no choice since it appears we are going back to lots of rain next week.
Sorry to hear that. And yeah I heard more rain soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: