Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 12:56 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,243,055 times

Advertisements

Hello Chicago!

Wishing you all a Happy Holiday Season! Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New Year 2022!

Have any of you visited the 2 different Christmas Markets in the Chicago area?
Which 1 is larger? Are they expensive? Are they worth spending time there?

The Christkindlmarket in Wrigleyville is supposed to be opened until New Years Eve. Which booths do you like the most there?
Is this one too far from Mag Mile? Can you walk there from Mag Mile?

Thanks in advance!

Wishing everyone a great Holiday Season!
Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 01:05 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,170,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Hello Chicago!

Wishing you all a Happy Holiday Season! Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New Year 2022!

The Christkindlmarket in Wrigleyville is supposed to be opened until New Years Eve. Which booths do you like the most there?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
The Christkindlmarket at Wrigley is about 5 miles from the Mag Mile. It would take approx an hour and a half to walk there.
The market at Daley Center is considerably larger in terms of vendors.
My favorite booth is the one where you can buy raclette sandwiches.

Old 12-27-2021, 03:09 PM

Thumbs up Thank you for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
The Christkindlmarket at Wrigley is about 5 miles from the Mag Mile. It would take approx an hour and a half to walk there.
The market at Daley Center is considerably larger in terms of vendors.
My favorite booth is the one where you can buy raclette sandwiches.
Thank you for your post & tips!
If I am able to go there, I will definitely try to get the raclette sandwiches!

Merry Christmas & a Happy 2022!

Old 12-27-2021, 05:25 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,995,247 times
The Christkindle market downtown was really nice, at least in pre-pandemic times.

I haven't been since the pandemic, but it always had great food, great ambience, and was a good all around time. The first time I ever went years ago, there was a nice light snow, which set the mood.

I didn't know it was still around after Christmas. I always liked it as a pre-Christmas December event to get me in the mood for the holidays.

I have heard about the one near Wrigley, but have never been. Maybe (hopefully) if we are back to "normal" next year, I'll try to check it out.

Old 12-27-2021, 06:30 PM

162 posts, read 465,264 times
I’ve been going to Christkindlmarket in the Loop for years and it’s always a good time (but crowded so I prefer to go during off-peak times). I’ve been to the Wrigley one twice and it’s nice and a bit less crowded but it’s definitely smaller. I like going to the one in the Loop to peruse the multiple vendor booths and they have an actual restaurant where you can sit and eat/drink (although this year, it required reservations ahead of time and if you do not have one, they will not let you in). There is a warming tent this year for those who are fine standing and warming up before going back out again. As for pricing, bring enough money for $7/8 gluhweins and holiday gifts. I won’t say it’s cheap but it’s also not super pricey. Just expect to spend a decent amount of money if you’re there for a while. The one in Wrigley is accessible via the red line and if you’re coming from the Mag Mile, you can walk to the one in the Loop (unless you’re not much of a walker, then I would suggest taking a bus or the train). Hope you enjoy and happy new year! ☃️

Old 12-28-2021, 01:04 PM

8,455 posts, read 12,259,859 times
I had an office near the Daley Center for years. The market there is great and I loved the hot spiced cider!

Old 12-28-2021, 04:04 PM

Thumbs up Thanks for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
The Christkindle market downtown was really nice, at least in pre-pandemic times.

I haven't been since the pandemic, but it always had great food, great ambience, and was a good all around time. The first time I ever went years ago, there was a nice light snow, which set the mood.

I didn't know it was still around after Christmas. I always liked it as a pre-Christmas December event to get me in the mood for the holidays.

I have heard about the one near Wrigley, but have never been. Maybe (hopefully) if we are back to "normal" next year, I'll try to check it out.

Thanks for your post!

If I am not mistaken, the one in Wrigleyville, will be there until 12-31-21.

I wish that they would keep both of them open until right after New Years. It seems that they have a lot of tasty foods, drinks, etc. Especially at least through this weekend. It seems to be a lot of fun!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, everyone!

Old 12-28-2021, 05:00 PM

Thumbs up Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Rae View Post
I’ve been going to Christkindlmarket in the Loop for years and it’s always a good time (but crowded so I prefer to go during off-peak times). I’ve been to the Wrigley one twice and it’s nice and a bit less crowded but it’s definitely smaller. I like going to the one in the Loop to peruse the multiple vendor booths and they have an actual restaurant where you can sit and eat/drink (although this year, it required reservations ahead of time and if you do not have one, they will not let you in). There is a warming tent this year for those who are fine standing and warming up before going back out again. As for pricing, bring enough money for $7/8 gluhweins and holiday gifts. I won’t say it’s cheap but it’s also not super pricey. Just expect to spend a decent amount of money if you’re there for a while. The one in Wrigley is accessible via the red line and if you’re coming from the Mag Mile, you can walk to the one in the Loop (unless you’re not much of a walker, then I would suggest taking a bus or the train). Hope you enjoy and happy new year! ☃️

Hello Ms Rae,

Thanks for the information & tips!

If I am not mistaken, the larger one in the Loop, might already be closed which is sad. But I am not sure.
All I do know is that the Wrigley one is still open.

And you are right about the money

Do you or anyone else here know, where do most of the vendors come from? Are they all from overseas?
Are they from Germany?

Are there some local vendors?

Thank you for your good wishes! A Happy New Year 2022, to you as well! Cheers!

Reputation points for everyone in this thread!

Old 12-28-2021, 08:12 PM

249 posts, read 187,244 times
Quote:
Hello Chicago!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
As others have already said, Wrigleyville one is much smaller. Downtown one is much better IMO.

Old 01-01-2022, 05:49 PM

162 posts, read 465,264 times
Quote:
Hello Ms Rae,

Thanks for the information & tips!

If I am not mistaken, the larger one in the Loop, might already be closed which is sad. But I am not sure.
All I do know is that the Wrigley one is still open.

And you are right about the money

Do you or anyone else here know, where do most of the vendors come from? Are they all from overseas?
Are they from Germany?

Are there some local vendors?

Thank you for your good wishes! A Happy New Year 2022, to you as well! Cheers!

Reputation points for everyone in this thread!
Oh wow, I didn’t know that the Wrigley one stayed open longer! Good to know. You know, I never knew where the vendors came from but I do know that some of them have genuine German items (made there as well) as I’ve bought a few. I’m thinking there just be a few local ones as well. You got my curiosity piqued so I went to the website to check and found this link: https://www.christkindlmarket.com/chicago-vendors/

Hope it’s helpful! And you are very welcome! Thanks for the rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: