Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2024, 08:02 PM

4,672 posts, read 3,319,118 times

Advertisements

Ohhhhhhh, Chicago!!! NOW I have lost faith in you, and I thought I never would!

EDISON PARK was hit?!?

Edison Park LAW ENFORCEMENT cars were hit?!?

Thieves truly have ZERO fear, and NO neighborhood is safe. Going after Police cars in Edison Park reminds me of when the Migrants in New York attacked the Police Officer.

No fear of law holders equals NO hope for the common resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 09:02 PM

10,045 posts, read 5,756,633 times
This is why we can't have nice things.

Cinco de Mayo parade canceled due to ‘gang violence’

Old 05-06-2024, 05:14 AM

Bitey, sadly correct you are, my friend!

;(

Old 05-19-2024, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
As for what I'd do in this situation... sorry lady, but you're on your own. I'm far too old and out of shape to be playing hero against armed young attackers, and I have a wife and kids who want their husband and dad to come home at the end of the day. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
As if to drive home the point, here's a recent news story from one of the busiest and most police-patrolled nightlife districts in the city:

Man critical after trying to stop armed robbery of women in Wicker Park

With all due respect to the victims and the white knight who foolishly rode to their rescue and failed... sorry ladies, but your cell phones and purse contents -- which the robbers ended up with anyway -- are far less valuable to me than the peace of mind that my wife and kids won't have to wonder if I'm going to make it after being gut-shot trying to protect total strangers with no articulable plan, skills, or tools for doing so.

Old 05-19-2024, 08:30 AM

Bitey, I understand where you're coming from, brother.

And I pray for Justice: For the healthy recovery of the gentleman who fought for the women, peace for those who were robbed, and punishment for the wrongdoers.

Old 05-20-2024, 12:44 PM

Hundreds paid to be ‘robbed’ by phony holdup crews to gain favorable immigration status, feds say. (The ‘robbers’ accidentally shot someone during one caper)

Can someone explain why being a crime victim while waiting for your immigration status to be adjudicated should move you to the head of the immigration line? I mean, I'm sorry if you got robbed or your purse got snatched or whatever, but what the hell does that have to do with your immigration claim/status?

"Someone clocked me over the head and took my cell phone -- that makes me want to stay in America even more!"

Old 05-21-2024, 03:32 PM

2,206 posts, read 1,882,318 times
Quote:
Hundreds paid to be ‘robbed’ by phony holdup crews to gain favorable immigration status, feds say. (The ‘robbers’ accidentally shot someone during one caper)

Can someone explain why being a crime victim while waiting for your immigration status to be adjudicated should move you to the head of the immigration line? I mean, I'm sorry if you got robbed or your purse got snatched or whatever, but what the hell does that have to do with your immigration claim/status?

"Someone clocked me over the head and took my cell phone -- that makes me want to stay in America even more!"
That's the weirdest thing I've heard in awhile.

Old 05-22-2024, 08:44 PM

57 posts, read 26,841 times
Quote:
As if to drive home the point, here's a recent news story from one of the busiest and most police-patrolled nightlife districts in the city:

Man critical after trying to stop armed robbery of women in Wicker Park

With all due respect to the victims and the white knight who foolishly rode to their rescue and failed... sorry ladies, but your cell phones and purse contents -- which the robbers ended up with anyway -- are far less valuable to me than the peace of mind that my wife and kids won't have to wonder if I'm going to make it after being gut-shot trying to protect total strangers with no articulable plan, skills, or tools for doing so.
Never go to a gun fight unarmed. I don't know what the guy was thinking. Maybe he had beer muscles.

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Babylon Bee headline: Illinois bill relabels ‘offender’ to ‘justice-impacted individual’

Except... it's not a Babylon Bee headline.... this is actually happening.

We live under a retardocracy: change my mind.

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

57 posts, read 26,841 times
Quote:
Babylon Bee headline: Illinois bill relabels ‘offender’ to ‘justice-impacted individual’

Except... it's not a Babylon Bee headline.... this is actually happening.

We live under a retardocracy: change my mind.
Except that this only applies to drug, mental health and veterans court cases. I don't think drug users or mentally ill people should be criminalized, thats must my opinon and I'm all for helping rehabilitate veterans who have commited crimes. This is only for people who are in this programs. Having the lable of convict or offender prevents a lot of these guys from reintegrating into society. That's a fact. I see nothing controversial about this bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago