Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times

Advertisements

What men bang for one night and what men marry really do tend to be two very different things. However men who are in their 30s or 40s and are single, are usually single for a very good reason. Unrealistic expectations. They will marry when they find the hottest thing that ever gave them the time of day. So in short...you want to get married? Massively underachieve. Women have been doing it for decades. Some will marry fugly and fat even though they are extremely hot themselves because they realized they will "own" the guy.

I will never understand why more women don't hang out at the free weight area of the gym. It is all guys. And no one cares that you are only lifting the 5 pounders. If you are hot, they are more than happy to help you And take up golf for gawd sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:40 AM

1,083 posts, read 3,725,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
What men bang for one night and what men marry really do tend to be two very different things. However men who are in their 30s or 40s and are single, are usually single for a very good reason. Unrealistic expectations. They will marry when they find the hottest thing that ever gave them the time of day. So in short...you want to get married? Massively underachieve. Women have been doing it for decades. Some will marry fugly and fat even though they are extremely hot themselves because they realized they will "own" the guy.

I will never understand why more women don't hang out at the free weight area of the gym. It is all guys. And no one cares that you are only lifting the 5 pounders. If you are hot, they are more than happy to help you And take up golf for gawd sake.
I have to agree with the unrealistic expectations. My friends who are still single (male and female) all seem to be looking for some perfect person who really just doesn't exist in real life. Some of them will never marry becasue thay just can't compromise.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
What men bang for one night and what men marry really do tend to be two very different things.
I agree with that certainly! There's a big difference between suggesting that what men look for in a short-term versus long-term relationship is different (which women do too!!) and suggesting that if you're 30-year-old woman, have had 4 serious relationships or 12 non-serious relationships, that no man in Chicago will want to marry you.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I agree with that certainly! There's a big difference between suggesting that what men look for in a short-term versus long-term relationship is different (which women do too!!) and suggesting that if you're 30-year-old woman, have had 4 serious relationships or 12 non-serious relationships, that no man in Chicago will want to marry you.

I agree its absurd. A 30 year old woman with no serious relationships in her past would probably have some serious social/emotional issues.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
...I will never understand why more women don't hang out at the free weight area of the gym. It is all guys. And no one cares that you are only lifting the 5 pounders. If you are hot, they are more than happy to help you And take up golf for gawd sake.
Because half the guys at the Gym are gay.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 PM

55 posts, read 209,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthera View Post
The "bad reputation" concept only works if you only date within the same group and are notorious.
No, no, no.......that's the not the point at all.

When you meet someone post 30-35, they have a history, and if you get serious, you want to know about it, they'll tell you, it's a part of getting intimacy, etc.

There is no avoiding it, unless someone wants to avoid it. Truth is the truth. People sense it, want to know it, they seek the truth.

The truth ALWAYS comes out.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hammond View Post
No, no, no.......that's the not the point at all.

When you meet someone post 30-35, they have a history, and if you get serious, you want to know about it, they'll tell you, it's a part of getting intimacy, etc.

There is no avoiding it, unless someone wants to avoid it. Truth is the truth. People sense it, want to know it, they seek the truth.

The truth ALWAYS comes out.
I'm skeptical, but I met my husband when I was 20, so what do I know?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 AM

Look just because you're a moron who feels he can sleep around all he wants to but wouldn't want to marry a woman who has also led a single life, does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean that many other men feel the same way. This is definitely something of an older generation, not a younger one, which makes me wonder how old you are. You're either older or your notions are antiquated.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
Look just because you're a moron who feels he can sleep around all he wants to but wouldn't want to marry a woman who has also led a single life, does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean that many other men feel the same way.

Right wrong or indifferent....most men do feel that way. Sorry aragx6. And I agree with you that it is completely wrong and a sick double standard. But reality is what it is. You can either convince him that you were a virgin just waiting for him to come along...or you can date women.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 AM

How old are you? That's my question.

From what i have seen in the post college- 32 year old range of people that I know and am a part of, this is just not that true.

If you are a baby boomer then I can see where you are coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago