Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:02 PM

391 posts, read 1,303,979 times

Advertisements

Everywhere I go I see idiots walkin their dogs and lettin em crap everywhere and not pick it up. Is there a way to report em like the cops or something? I'm tired of walking out of my apt building to see piles of crap everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 07:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
It would be nice if the cops didn't have considerably more important things to deal with, but they do, and I doubt they'll dispatch a cop over a pile of dog crap.

This is why it sucks that it's illegal to punch people in the face who deserve it. The cops can't deal with petty a-holes, and neither can the rest of us. So we end up dealing with rude jagoffs who know nobody can or will do anything about it. Hence, piles of dog crap everywhere.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,636,074 times
Start collecting the turds. When you see a*&holes letting their dogs crap everywhere and they do not pick it up, unleash a volley of crap from your window at them.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:39 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,818 times
I've found confrontation to be highly effective.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:43 PM

683 posts, read 4,617,814 times
I agree...they will keep doing it if they don't think anyone cares. Try asking one of them if they plan on picking up after their dog, and that you're tired of seeing the piles when you're walking down the street. Go from there.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,811,456 times
We recently started having a problem with the high-rise next door. They don't have grass, but we do. We have a fence around our property, but many visitors and delivery people leave the gates open. So, when it's cold we have found evidence that they are letting their dogs through the gates and on to our grass to pee and poop. This INFURIATES me. I've caught a couple of people doing it, and just yelled at them. Some of the other unit owners in our building have been scolding people as well, and we're all looking out for it now. But we can't watch all of the time, and frankly, we shouldn't have to!

How can anyone think that this behavior is O.K.? We've never had a problem with it before this year, and I tend to think it's some of the new younger residents in the neighborhood (everyone I've caught has been pretty young). WTF, man? What a bunch of losers!

Anyway, our condo board is now involved and is going to send a formal complaint to the condo board of the high-rise (like that will help). We're also looking into new gate latches and tasteful "No Dogs" signs. But I think it's ridiculous that we should have to spend money and effort to deal with these idiots next door! If I see it again, it could get ugly. The last girl I saw with her dog on our lawn actually gave me attitude, and I almost exploded. She was on a cell phone, and acted like it was a problem that I was interrupting her conversation! I'm a pretty big guy with a deep voice and broad shoulders, so the gall of that b#%# was really shocking.

Last edited by Lookout Kid; 03-01-2008 at 11:22 PM..

Old 03-02-2008, 02:21 PM

51 posts, read 263,144 times
We are dog-owners that walk our dog with at least two back-up bags...just in case. If you think you are infuriated by irresponsible dog owners, we responsible dog-owners are even more pissed. It makes us look bad! I don't get it! If you are not going to pick up then DONT GET A DOG!
We had to call Animal Control on a neighbor that just let their two dogs go in the front and never picked up so much so that we started smelling the stink in our lot.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:50 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,394,470 times
This, along with the thread about litter, are the sorts of things that really infuriate me. It's not about the litter or the dog turds. It's about personal responsibility. There's absolutely nothing stopping people from cleaning up after their dogs or themselves. Fortunately, I live in an area where both things are pretty rare. There was a 2-flat a few buildings down from me that had a sign that simply reminded dog owners that their small children play outside, and to please control their animals. It seemed pretty effective.

The problem with both litter and doggie doo is that there's a sort of herd mentality about these things. Since a neighborhood like mine is pretty clean and free of both, people generally are more shy about adding to a problem that isn't already there. In areas where there's already a problem, people often rationalize adding to the problem.

It's all pretty ridiculous. Confrontation is something I'd encourage.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,638,868 times
I agree that it makes other dog owners (i.e. ME) look bad.
People are awful sometimes!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:15 AM

236 posts, read 1,086,083 times
Rather than a loud, red-faced confrontation, just hand them a baggie, flash a big smile and say, "Looks like you'll be needing this." They should get the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago