Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 AM

308 posts, read 1,617,326 times

Advertisements

Does anyone ever travel to the Blackhawks' away games? I'm currently thinking about a trip to Detroit for their March 11th game but my previous hockey partners are unable to make this one, unfortunately for me. Still want to go but unsure about heading that way myself, so I need to find an excuse to get there. :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 11:35 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramour View Post
Does anyone ever travel to the Blackhawks' away games? I'm currently thinking about a trip to Detroit for their March 11th game but my previous hockey partners are unable to make this one, unfortunately for me. Still want to go but unsure about heading that way myself, so I need to find an excuse to get there. :
Ive never traveled to an away game before. I wouldnt want to go to Detroilet though, thats for sure. Go on the Blackhawks boards, there are many people on there who routinely travel to the Joe to go to games.

Chicago Blackhawks - The Official Web Site then FanZone, then Message Boards, then Hawk Talk.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:47 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,326 times
Thanks for the info, Steve-o!

Old 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Yeah, I'd have to imagine that you couldn't possibly go to a more hostile place for an away game, except maybe going to a Hawks/Blues game in STL.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 AM

101 posts, read 411,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramour View Post
Bill did just about all he could to destroy the fanbase for the hawks and it was pretty difficult for a lot of people to justify spending their money on tickets, but now that he's gone, I think you'll see that loyalty flourish again, I might just be down for a couple myself.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 AM

20 posts, read 86,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yeah, I'd have to imagine that you couldn't possibly go to a more hostile place for an away game, except maybe going to a Hawks/Blues game in STL.
Detroit is not a very hostile place to watch hockey this year. Things in the stands are just not what they were in the mid to late 90's.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKennedy View Post
Bill did just about all he could to destroy the fanbase for the hawks and it was pretty difficult for a lot of people to justify spending their money on tickets, but now that he's gone, I think you'll see that loyalty flourish again, I might just be down for a couple myself.
You mean "up"?

As for attendance this year, it has been much better, no thanks to Wirtz' death. There have been several sold out games this year, Ive been to two of them, and it was odd seeing thousands of people buying SRO tickets! I hope this keeps up!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:07 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You mean "up"?

As for attendance this year, it has been much better, no thanks to Wirtz' death. There have been several sold out games this year, Ive been to two of them, and it was odd seeing thousands of people buying SRO tickets! I hope this keeps up!!!
The season has been about what I expected this year with this team, inconsistent, streaky, but filled with promise, but the renewed atmosphere in the UC has been almost as good as watching this team develop on the ice.

In related news, turns out Toews and Seabrook live a block away from me. I figure its only a matter of time until I run into one of them at Costello's.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
The season has been about what I expected this year with this team, inconsistent, streaky, but filled with promise, but the renewed atmosphere in the UC has been almost as good as watching this team develop on the ice.

In related news, turns out Toews and Seabrook live a block away from me. I figure its only a matter of time until I run into one of them at Costello's.
I heard they roomed together, but had no idea where. What 'hood are you in?

Ive met Toews and Seabrook this year, great guys!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:33 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I heard they roomed together, but had no idea where. What 'hood are you in?

Ive met Toews and Seabrook this year, great guys!
Roscoe Village. They are on Hoyne a bit south of Roscoe, in case you ever want to camp out in their front yard staring through their windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago