Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 08:40 AM

6 posts, read 37,578 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a tattoo place in Chicago that is very high quality, with artists that take their time drawing the artwork, as well as tattooing, and price isn't a problem. I just want a friendly place with serious artists (that's not Deluxe Tattoo...I know they do great stuff, but I had a bad experience there). Also the artwork I want done is religious latino style and in muddy earth-tones, so I need someone that is very good with unique coloring.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
The one place that seems to be favored by people who take their tattoos seriously -- I'm talking people for whom tattoos are a way of life and not just a trendy decoration -- is Jade Dragon.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:43 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The one place that seems to be favored by people who take their tattoos seriously -- I'm talking people for whom tattoos are a way of life and not just a trendy decoration -- is Jade Dragon.
Id agree. I cant think of a single other Chicago parlor who even rivals Jade Dragon as far as popularity goes.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:21 PM

6 posts, read 30,889 times
Don't go to Jade dragon. All they are known for is their popularity, not their tattoos. It's just advertisement, and their tattoo quality isn't the best. I would personally go to Phil Cisco at Tattoo Factory, but that's me.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:08 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,420 times
I've actually heard horrific things about Jade, but perhaps that's just me...

If you're not interested in Deluxe, then you might want to try Patrick Cornolo at Cherry Bomb or David at Metamorph (I *think* he's still there). Orrr, if you're not adverse to a bit of travel, check out Larry Brogan at Tattoo & Skin Art Studio (in Lockport). Unfortunately, the only guy I've seen with decent latino religious art (that I recall) was at a place in Elgin.

May I ask your problems with Deluxe? I was contemplating them for an upcoming piece (feel free to PM) due to some scheduling woes with the guy I wanted--can't make up my mind if I want to wait the extra months to get it done or find someone else.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
I know people that have fantastic work from Deluxe. They do customs only really.Maybe it has changed? IDK and I dont know why or how.
Jade Dragon I have work from and I know others that do also and we all agree to avoid that place at all costs.
I know people that have work from Tatutattoo on North Ave near Wood and all are very pleased also.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:25 PM

287 posts, read 1,028,418 times
I also hear horror stories about Jade Dragon. Like that time they reversed two colors on my friend's sister's tattoo. Tomato Tattoo on Chicago and Wolcott was recently recommended to me by a coworker, but I've never been there myself so can't make a first hand recommendation.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:28 AM

6 posts, read 37,578 times
Default Found a maybe googling

Has anyone heard anything about Tatu Tattoo?...I really like Jacob Kearney's and Allie's galleries on their webpage.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,420 times
I forgot about Tatu Tattoo. I've heard good things about them in general but no names were mentioned unfortunately.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:17 PM

49 posts, read 214,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous4289 View Post
Don't go to Jade dragon. All they are known for is their popularity, not their tattoos. It's just advertisement, and their tattoo quality isn't the best. I would personally go to Phil Cisco at Tattoo Factory, but that's me.

Yep, The Tattoo Factory is awesome, I had Mike Balke do 3 custom tattoos for me and that place is one of the best....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago