Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 AM

928 posts, read 1,713,441 times

Advertisements

Never mind. OP isn't interested in taking advice. He just wants to complain about how everyone else is a meaniehead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times
How to make friends in Chicago? Wear a Packers jersey to a hotdog joint and loudly ask "where's the ketchup?"

Old 06-08-2013, 11:33 AM

19 posts, read 42,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
Never mind. OP isn't interested in taking advice. He just wants to complain about how everyone else is a meaniehead.
Sorry for wasting your time. It's become obvious that the 'Chicago is so friendly', 'it's so easy to make friends!' propaganda is hogwash.

And I thought being an adult, I would stop being bullied.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Somehow I did it. I moved here by myself in 2011. Search my posts. I created this same thread when I moved here, but instead of being a giant crybaby, I went outside and met some people. Keep up that attitude, kid, if you like being alone.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Somehow I did it. I moved here by myself in 2011. Search my posts. I created this same thread when I moved here, but instead of being a giant crybaby, I went outside and met some people. Keep up that attitude, kid, if you like being alone.
I've tried this, and I've been treated like a leper. I'm so sick of it. A person can only get knocked down so many times.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:38 AM

I apologize for making this thread. please delete.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,872 times
What do you want?

You ask a question, we try to help, and you insist that 'everyone else' is the 'problem.'

You have three choices:
1)Accept that you're going to be friendless in Chicago, and do nothing to change it.
2)Keep trying to make friends and adapt even when frustrated.
3)Move somewhere else.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by envieng View Post
I've tried this, and I've been treated like a leper. I'm so sick of it. A person can only get knocked down so many times.
I am now convinced that you are trolling. People (including me) have given you advice like volunteering, joining a sports league, taking classes, being a part of something that's recurring, and instead of even trying any of those things, you just keep complaining about how unfair life is. Why oh why won't random strangers just ask you to be their friend? For the same reason I don't have a unicorn. That's not the way the world works. If what you're doing doesn't work, then try something else, and yes you'll have to take some initiative. If you're unwilling to do that, then have fun by yourself.

Now if you actually try new things and take some initiative and *still* nothing changes, then it's you which, given your posts, wouldn't surprise me.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I am now convinced that you are trolling. People (including me) have given you advice like volunteering, joining a sports league, taking classes, being a part of something that's recurring, and instead of even trying any of those things, you just keep complaining about how unfair life is. Why oh why won't random strangers just ask you to be their friend? For the same reason I don't have a unicorn. That's not the way the world works. If what you're doing doesn't work, then try something else, and yes you'll have to take some initiative. If you're unwilling to do that, then have fun by yourself.

Now if you actually try new things and take some initiative and *still* nothing changes, then it's you which, given your posts, wouldn't surprise me.
After years of trying to make friends and being rejected, is it not surprising that someone would get bitter and broken?

Old 06-08-2013, 01:07 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
I went though the same thing in Memphis. It tough living in a city when you can't connect with the people. Maybe it's time to try a new neighborhood because the neighborhood can make or break your social life. Or look for a new city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago