Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 AM

42 posts, read 66,862 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys... checked out a few of the choices.. Reza's sounds good...Le Colonial is also nyce.... well my brother in law does eat all kinds of meat but then it would leave little options or us to try different items...

Does anyone know a good place where we can get Zaatar Naan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subodhlath View Post

I believe: Taza Bakery - West Rogers Park - Chicago, IL

Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Have you been here?

Middle East Bakery & Grocery - Home

It's close to where you live.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Reza's sounds good...Le Colonial is also nyce.
They're both good. You get a little more for your money with Reza's but Le Colonial is also good. The first floor is more of a white table cloth place while the upstairs is dark, candle lit with SE Asian trees all around with a little outdoor balcony. They also have outdoor sidewalk seating when it's nice out.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM

cool... I think Reza's and Casbah are similar food but the reviews for the service as Casbah were really bad..... we were thinking of taking them to a Tapas place also.... Never tried French and Vietnamese cuisine so looking forward to trying that... if not this weekend with family them with the wifey atlease later on... What is the best bet for a pizza.. since Chicago is known for their pizzas.. i thought maybe squeeze in a pizza also for them maybe like a quick fix and share so they just get a taste... Lou Malnati ?? chicago Overn Grinder (pizza pie)??

Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
cool... I think Reza's and Casbah are similar food but the reviews for the service as Casbah were really bad
They are half way similar. Casbah is pretty good and it's near you. Although if you want true Moroccan food, then here:

Shokran Moroccan Restaurant - Irving Park - Chicago, IL

According to my friend who is from Morocco here, it is the best in town.

Quote:
What is the best bet for a pizza.. since Chicago is known for their pizzas.. i thought maybe squeeze in a pizza also for them maybe like a quick fix and share so they just get a taste... Lou Malnati ?? chicago Overn Grinder (pizza pie)??
Lou Malnati's and Chicago Oven Grinder are great. If you want a more local deep dish place, then this place:
Pequod's Pizzeria - DePaul - Chicago, IL

Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Have you been here?

Middle East Bakery & Grocery - Home

It's close to where you live.
Thanks a lot.... i never knew about this place.. seems like an awesome place.. they dont have a zaatar naan but zaatar pita is worth trying.. maybe we can get the zaatar from there and make a naan at home... i am so excited.. am gonna go to this place today after work...

Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Thanks a lot.... i never knew about this place.. seems like an awesome place.. they dont have a zaatar naan but zaatar pita is worth trying.. maybe we can get the zaatar from there and make a naan at home... i am so excited.. am gonna go to this place today after work...
These guys have Zataar Naan I am pretty certain:

Taza Bakery - West Rogers Park - Chicago, IL

Middle Eastern Bakery in Andersonville is great though. There's some other good markets up on Devon as well for Indian food/spices/etc.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
They are half way similar. Casbah is pretty good and it's near you. Although if you want true Moroccan food, then here:

Shokran Moroccan Restaurant - Irving Park - Chicago, IL

According to my friend who is from Morocco here, it is the best in town.

Lou Malnati's and Chicago Oven Grinder are great. If you want a more local deep dish place, then this place:
Pequod's Pizzeria - DePaul - Chicago, IL
Shokran seems a bit far and we dont have a car in the city.. and we thought about renting a car but with the parking hassles we will stick to cabs maybe... Pequod's is something i am going to try for sure... sounds amazing and I love deep dish pizzas... since i got here i have been asking a friend who is in restaurant business in India to come to Chicago and eat this and get something similar started in India also...

Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM

yaaa Taza bakery sounds good too and has zaatar naan too i checked their menu.. we live at sheridan and foster and its a bit too far and the middle eastern bakery is a nice walk and very convenient... might go to Taza if we dont like the bakery in andersonville... and to top it we are moving to lakeview next week... so will have to stock up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago