Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Illinois has a lot of corruption. Derrick Smith, for one. Jesse jackson Jr getting elected from the mental ward... after he conveniently disappears with an alleged case of bi-polar.... obama the slick liar getting voted president, twice, sheesh, dont tell me he aint slick. lets see, Blagoyevich, and some other governors, Crook County - thanks to all those crooks in the City government offices, Stroger, all crooks.

Lots of thuggery but I hear Philadelphia is worse with crime, poverty, etc. guess who they apparently voted for in a majority, obama .. lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Hey, maybe Derrick could pitch his hat in the ring to replace Triple-J to represent the 2nd Congressional District. Think about it: indicted Derrick Smith replaces soon-to-be-indicted 3J who replaced convicted Mel Reynolds who replaced sex-scandal-tainted Gus Savage... he'd be carrying on a noble tradition for the district dating back 25 years.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
This election has made me sorely disappointed. for awhile I have been wanting to leave Chicago, especially after going on vacations outside Illinois and when I come back to Chicago, its pretty depressing. Now that the elections have shown chicago's true dirt, and America's love for that liar Obama, I see no reason to stay here. I hope to find a "red state" also. I also dont want to be here in case God destroys Chicago as He did Sodom and Gomorrah for all the corruption it had.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
This election has made me sorely disappointed. for awhile I have been wanting to leave Chicago, especially after going on vacations outside Illinois and when I come back to Chicago, its pretty depressing. Now that the elections have shown chicago's true dirt, and America's love for that liar Obama, I see no reason to stay here. I hope to find a "red state" also. I also dont want to be here in case God destroys Chicago as He did Sodom and Gomorrah for all the corruption it had.
Well, you would have plenty of company in those red states. The residents tend to be less educated, religious fanatics. Also, if you think that Obama is really running the show then I have some water to sell you from Lake Michigan.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
The problem is voting straight party instead of picking up a newspaper, doing 5 minutes of reading and voting by office instead.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
I moved from the dark red state of Tennessee and having political conversations with the everyday Joe gives me a headache.

Chicago is the opposite. As a Black man everyone thinks I'm going to Co sign on everything Obama does just because he's a democrat and he's Black. What little do they know about me!

I voted for the president because he was a good candidate due to his achievement the first term. Mittens didn't come to the table with anything but anti Obama garbage. It's sad to see so many voted for mittens mess.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
The problem is voting straight party instead of picking up a newspaper, doing 5 minutes of reading and voting by office instead.
Exactly. The Chicago Democratic party machine opposed Smith, and worked to get Tyson elected. The election of Smith shows the limits of their power, and (as cubssoxfan said) the problem with straight ticket voting. That's not a problem that is unique to Chicago or to either party.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
What information is available in newspapers that isn't bias?

There are plenty of resources online that will provide more accurate info. You got to look at his track record too and consider not everything you hear or read on a local level is accurate.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Spending time in this forum has caused me to like Chicago even less than before, especially the north side. Most north siders on this forum running their mouths are nothing but moderate income renters. To have the sort of haughty attitudes that they do is a joke. Chicago is actually more pretentious than Los Angeles.
I agree with everything you said except Chicago is more pretentious than LA.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
I hope to find a "red state" also.
What are you waiting for? The economy is thriving in places like Oklahoma and North Dakota right now, the cost of living is lower, and it sounds like you'd fit in there. As a former red state resident, I happily pay more to live in a place like Chicago in large part to be around fewer people who have the mentality you displayed in your post. I found it to be absolutely oppressive. If you prefer that, though, it sounds like a red state would be a win-win for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago