Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 01:36 PM

71 posts, read 106,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
There some reason you don't have the cajones to actually display where *you* live? I'll bet a kidney we can find a few dozen laws and regulations that redefine stupid in your neck of the woods, and with very little trouble.
Plenty of cajones, but also the brains to limit the amount of information about me on the interwebs. I live in Lincoln Park, 60614 to be specific and I own so I'm here for the long haul. Before Chi I lived in Asia and before that Dallas.
I'll take that kidney now sir as you are correct, there are a few dozen laws, taxes and regulations that redefine stupid in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,943,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleMakers View Post
Plenty of cajones, but also the brains to limit the amount of information about me on the interwebs. I live in Lincoln Park, 60614 to be specific and I own so I'm here for the long haul. Before Chi I lived in Asia and before that Dallas.
I'll take that kidney now sir as you are correct, there are a few dozen laws, taxes and regulations that redefine stupid in Chicago.
Ah, so you brought the Dallas/Texas "gun stupid" with you.

Why am I not surprised - why did you people kill our president? Perhaps some better gun control would have changed history.

And there is nothing about owning property in Lincoln Park that equates to "being in it for the long haul."

That's just comical. The flipping, speculating and "I'm movin' back to the burbs to raise a family!" mentalities are all over your zip code.

One thing we do agree on is Chicago has loads of stupid in terms of regulations and laws, no argument there - it's a hell of a lot more than a few dozen.

But good luck trying to reverse the Earth's rotational spin here, Lincoln Park is not exactly suffering from a homicide crisis so your opinion is just that.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Ah, so you brought the Dallas/Texas "gun stupid" with you.

Why am I not surprised - why did you people kill our president? Perhaps some better gun control would have changed history.

And there is nothing about owning property in Lincoln Park that equates to "being in it for the long haul."

That's just comical. The flipping, speculating and "I'm movin' back to the burbs to raise a family!" mentalities are all over your zip code.

One thing we do agree on is Chicago has loads of stupid in terms of regulations and laws, no argument there - it's a hell of a lot more than a few dozen.

But good luck trying to reverse the Earth's rotational spin here, Lincoln Park is not exactly suffering from a homicide crisis so your opinion is just that.
Moderator cut: Personal attack. Good luck with that in life. LP is suffering from a robbery and mugging crisis because the bad guys go to where the money is. I'll be happy to email you a report of all the muggings/strong armed robberies in my neighborhood if you wish. And as we can't conceal carry in this state, the bad guys know we're easy pickings. Of course if the bad guys now have to pay taxes on bullets & guns (laughable), all that crime will all go away. And I'll be expecting my kidney in the mail.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 10-17-2012 at 12:03 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,794,518 times
Quote:
Good luck with that in life. LP is suffering from a robbery and mugging crisis because the bad guys go to where the money is. I'll be happy to email you a report of all the muggings/strong armed robberies in my neighborhood if you wish. And as we can't conceal carry in this state, the bad guys know we're easy pickings. Of course if the bad guys now have to pay taxes on bullets & guns (laughable), all that crime will all go away. And I'll be expecting my kidney in the mail.
What alarmist, hyperbolic nonsense.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 10-17-2012 at 12:04 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
What alarmist, hyperbolic nonsense.
The 19th district CAP's sent out an alert (portions below) last week with details of a band of criminals targeting northern business and individuals. Below is the list of incidents from this "one" suspected group. What's not listed are the one-off incidents from other individuals/groups. The point of this post was not to debate gun control or whether or not crime occurs in the city, but to discuss the proposed tax and how stupid it was. Happy to try and steer this thread back to that subject. Unless you have something else silly to say (or maybe you feel the below alert is simply "nonsense" and those impacted are simply being "alarmist"). Have you ever had a gun pointed at you face? I have, and it's not fun.
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses/individuals on the north side of Chicago of armed robberies that are occurring during evening hours.

Incident time and location:
2100 block of W. Belmont Ave. on August 21, 2012 at approximately 10:30PM
4800 block of N. Broadway on August 24, 2012 at approximately 8:20PM
2800 block of N. Ashland Ave. on August 26, 2012 at approximately 8:30PM
1600 block of N. Maplewood Ave. on September 02, 2012 at approximately 6:00PM
6700 block of N. Ridge Ave. on September 14, 2012 at approximately 6:40PM
500 block of W. Diversey Pkwy on September 25, 2012 at approximately 8:30PM
1900 block of N. Elston Ave. on September 29, 2012 at approximately 6:00PM
4100 block of N. Sheridan Rd. on September 29, 2012 at approximately 6:50 PM

About the Offenders:
There are two to five offenders described as male blacks 20-35 years of age. They have a medium brown to dark complexion and are described as 5'09 to 6'03 tall, ranging in weight from 170 – 240 lbs. One offender wore his hair in braids. The offenders are often wearing dark hooded jackets and some type of hat.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Good luck with that in life. LP is suffering from a robbery and mugging crisis because the bad guys go to where the money is. I'll be happy to email you a report of all the muggings/strong armed robberies in my neighborhood if you wish. And as we can't conceal carry in this state, the bad guys know we're easy pickings. Of course if the bad guys now have to pay taxes on bullets & guns (laughable), all that crime will all go away. And I'll be expecting my kidney in the mail.
Oh, it's in the mail all right. How do I know you're not a liar?

Either way, you're a wuss for not having it in your profile, where it belongs. Man up.

And you're crying about crime in LP? That's hilarious. Travel back in time to LP in 1978 and you'd have a case, but today you just sound like an entitled whiner.

A gun isn't the answer to your problems - a better grip on reality is.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 10-17-2012 at 12:05 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
The point of this post was not to debate gun control or whether or not crime occurs in the city, but to discuss the proposed tax and how stupid it was.
Right, in other words you wanted to hear people agreeing with you and when you got dissenting opinions you got angry.

And here I thought Texans were supposed to have an independent streak.

Take your ball and go home, your game is lame.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, it's in the mail all right. How do I know you're not a liar?
Either way, you're a wuss for not having it in your profile, where it belongs. Man up.
And you're crying about crime in LP? That's hilarious. Travel back in time to LP in 1978 and you'd have a case, but today you just sound like an entitled whiner.
A gun isn't the answer to your problems - a better grip on reality is.
Because if it's in my profile, that means it's true? Ha! Perhaps it's not me who needs a better grip. Or maybe you're just new to the internet. Fact-all those ladies who say they like you in chat rooms, really do like you big guy! And maybe most of them are in fact ladies!
Not crying about crime in LP at all, just stating facts. It's one of the safest neighborhoods in Chicago, but that doesn't mean crime doesn't occur here. But instead of murder, it's robbery, theft, and the occassional mugging. The bad guys aren't stupid, they go where the money is (and where the drunks are).
OK, let's move the conversation back to the stupid tax on bullets!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,161,570 times
Good convo, guys.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Right, in other words you wanted to hear people agreeing with you and when you got dissenting opinions you got angry.
And here I thought Texans were supposed to have an independent streak.
Take your ball and go home, your game is lame.
Go back and re-read your posts Mr. Pot...I'm not angry nor did I start the name calling, but you've definitely got a stick up your butt (I'm not the only one to notice it from some of the other threads you chimed in on). Good luck with that in life! I'm sure it will prove usefull...somehow!

Mr. Kettle (no, not black)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago