Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 03:10 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times

Advertisements

Honestly, that area isn't as unsafe as it once was. It still is a little shady and depressed, but I think that area has been improving. The Ickes project has been torn down, Reggie's opened up a few years ago, Columbia Coillege has slowly been increasing the size of their campus southward(to the point they now have one building by 16th and State), not to forget Mariano's opened up at 16th and Clark not long ago. It might still be slightly shady south of that intersection, but I suspect it's much less today, vs. years ago.

Also, a station is being constructed on the Green Line at 22nd/State, and a lot of the initial parts of the platform had been constructed the last time I took the Green Line south to a White Sox game as of late August. It still had a little ways to go to be completed, so dunno if they'll make their stated goal of opening that station this fall. Maybe it'll open by November or December or early 2015 for all I know, though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 03:29 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
I'm not talking about 16 and State or 18 and State, I'm talking about 22 and State. It may be better but if someone were to ask me if I would walk home that way at night, my answer would be "no."

Whereas Chinatown you can basically be a complete fool and still never get into any trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: