Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 02:09 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times

Advertisements

dude....like, so back off man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I just assumed you didnt have gloves on because, well, gloves are designed to keep your hands warm. If youre losing feeling in your fingers by touching your steering wheel, then its clear youre not wearing the right gloves for that kind of cold.

Also, if your car takes 15 minutes to get heat, you might want to try and cover 1/2 of the radiator up with some cardboard, it helps. Either that or get a new t-stat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
Dude, that radiator stuff was good advice for everyone.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:49 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Can you translate for me please? I dont speak Californian.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:45 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
Sure thing

Back off, please. In yet another weather related message board you are arguing your opinion vs. my factual experience of what happened to me yesterday, with the passion of a prospector seelling land in Greenland -- noooo...there is no ice here!! you are just not dressed correctly!

I have a brand new car, gloves you cannot see, and feeling in my own limbs (still, luckily) and I dont appreciate your subjective ideas and imagination continuously telling the world and me that our percecptions of reality, temperature, etc. are wrong, or that there is something wrong with my car...and not this godforsaken weather!

But, you will and I cannot stop you, so I resort to "dude, back off...like...and man" as a last ditch effort to not have to spell it out that I find your continuous weather denials and "its not that bad you must be doing something wrong" attitude both humorous and tiresome....but I guess y'all didn't get it...so I just spelled it out and become tiresome myself.

Have at it, and yah I'll be on my way to California, soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Can you translate for me please? I dont speak Californian.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:57 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Huh????? What a random spew of defensiveness.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,326 times
Well, my perception is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with "this godforsaken weather." I'm loving it... and I just moved from down south this past August. ;p

Old 01-25-2008, 10:05 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
You guys that work and/or live downtown really need to know that Chicago has a decent system of mostly under ground and some above ground pedways mostly in the north part of the Loop that can save you from some frostbite and discomfort.;-)

Many people do not know it exists,but now you do.

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/webpor...pandlegend.pdf

Old 01-25-2008, 10:12 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
I have a brand new car, gloves you cannot see, and feeling in my own limbs (still, luckily)
What the?!? I wont even try to decipher that!

Quote:
and I dont appreciate your subjective ideas and imagination continuously telling the world and me that our percecptions of reality, temperature, etc. are wrong, or that there is something wrong with my car...and not this godforsaken weather!!
Listen here, lady, if your car takes 15 minutes to generate heat, there is obviously a problem with it. I understand in extreme cold that it takes awhile longer for the cabin to heat up, but cmon! My car is 10 years old and has 150K miles on it, but still manages to heat up perfectly in 3-5 minutes in sub-zero weather. Either A) your t-stat is getting stuck B) your heater core is taking a dump or C) you need to cover up some of your radiator. Its not rocket science, and if you want to slam me when I offer advice to help you out, its clear you have some hidden agenda against me and its perplexing to say the least. Where did all your anger towards me come from all of a sudden?? Forgive me for having a little fun and trying to help you out. YIKES!

Old 01-26-2008, 12:34 AM

782 posts, read 3,789,656 times
Default long johns(thermal under garments)

Thermal undergarments and thermal socks should do the trick.I am a residential garbageman,so that work for me.Some people try to look cute.its hard to look cute and stay warm.I worked in -10 to -15 degrees for the last two days no problem.I start work at 5 am so its cold outside during the early mornings.Long johns under my uniform and a hooded sweater works,also a face mask since i have to work with the doors open on my truck.Gloves with fleece lining works good.A pair of glasses is good for the eyes in those low temps.Its not that cold to me,maybe i have gotten adjusted to the cold by being out there 10 hours everyday.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 AM

65 posts, read 149,093 times
hi everyone,

Moving soon in Chicago I am wondering where I could shop winter wears.
I know North Face has a shop at the Hancock Tower.
But what about the others?
Or is there any big shop with all trademarks that may be interesting (good prices or large choice)?
I will live in HP, so if anyone knows a shop close to this area I would appreciated too.
Thank's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago