Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 PM

116 posts, read 384,353 times

Advertisements

The thread is from Dubuque to Chicago. Not other way around. Yes it only takes 2.5 h from davenport to i-355. That's enough time to get there. It of course takes extra hour to downtown in Chicago. Perhaps a more accurate thread would be from Dubuque to Addison. Addison is in Chicago area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by il_blguy87 View Post
The thread is from Dubuque to Chicago. Not other way around.
Dubuque to Chicago, Chicago to Dubuque, whatever. The fastest route is the same in both directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_blguy87 View Post
Yes it only takes 2.5 h from davenport to i-355. That's enough time to get there. It of course takes extra hour to downtown in Chicago. Perhaps a more accurate thread would be from Dubuque to Addison. Addison is in Chicago area.
So yeah, like I said... there's no way in hell anyone is getting from Davenport to Chicago in 2 hours without risking some jail time and having their car impounded.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Default Rand McNally here asks for clarification-strives for accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Whatever it is, 20 bypasses Freeport, and the portion that bypasses Freeport is still 4 lanes. All of 20 is 4 lanes from east of Belvidere to west of Freeport, unless you skip the bypasses and take the business routes.

Fact is 2/3rds of the drive from Chicago to Galena is on limited-access and/or high-speed divided highways. It's not as horrible a drive as the OP makes it out to be.
OK, for informational purposes; last time I drove this about 5 years ago the bypass around Freeport was 2 lane. It was designed to be 4-lane and has limited access freeway interchanges but it was only built with 2 lanes. Have they finally added the other set of lanes within the last 5 years?

Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM

116 posts, read 384,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
OK, for informational purposes; last time I drove this about 5 years ago the bypass around Freeport was 2 lane. It was designed to be 4-lane and has limited access freeway interchanges but it was only built with 2 lanes. Have they finally added the other set of lanes within the last 5 years?
west of west ave il-26 it changes to 2 lane, east of it is 4 lane.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 PM

483 posts, read 1,222,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
between the Iowa border and Chicagoland, N-S I-55 and I-39 (crosses the IKE), and the I-74 that moves traffic SE toward Indiana.
More irrelevant/incorrect information from linicx as usual. I-39 goes from Wisconsin border to I-55, useless coming from Iowa. I-55 is not even in the picture, and the Ike is 290, which goes from Woodfield Mall to the Circle interchange downtown- never even coming CLOSE to I-39.

The fastest, most headache-free way would be US20 to I-90, as previously mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago