Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:01 PM

235 posts, read 536,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
In 6 weeks my son and I are moving up to Chicago to join my husband. We are all going to stay in company paid corporate living for 2 months until we can find permanent housing.
My son is in Kindergarten so I have to pull him out of school. If I givie you some addresses, can you guys help me out with some decent school close by for him to finish up his school year.
The corporate apartments are owned by
Chicago Temporary Furnished Apartments, Chicago Corporate Apartments, Serviced Apartments and Extended Stay Housing | Manilow Suites

Here are the possible address in case you don't want to look it up yourself from the link. I appreciate all your help.
355 E. Ohio Street
215 W Washington
One Superior Street
175 N. Harbor Drive
545 N. Dearborn St
151 N. Michigan Ave
233 E. Wacker Drive
400 E. South Water St
605 W. Madison
Not sure if you are interested in this for next school year, but I heard about the "New School for Chicago" expo on the radio this morning. Perhaps if your husband has time, he could attend. All of the information is on their website here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 09:07 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
TTT. Didn't want to start a new thread but wanted to get some thoughts. It looks like Haines is one of the best elementary schools, but we'd be living in Chinatown, nto saying that's good or bad.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:04 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
TTT. Didn't want to start a new thread but wanted to get some thoughts. It looks like Haines is one of the best elementary schools, but we'd be living in Chinatown, nto saying that's good or bad.
GF...are you moving to Chicago now?

Old 04-18-2022, 02:18 PM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
GF...are you moving to Chicago now?
Absolutely a consideration. I can't find better bang for my buck for urban living. Was pointing towards Philly, but the place that I want to live there is getting pricier. Downtown Chicago isn't cheap per se, but given what you get it seems like a bargain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago