Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:55 AM

7 posts, read 25,300 times

Advertisements

We have received three tickets for not having a current city sticker for Chicago. Do you know what we can do to not have to pay all three tickets?
Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 PM

474 posts, read 2,541,358 times
Default Perhaps A Little Levity?

Would you graciously permit me a little levity? In answer to your question... get rid of your car or move out of Chicago or obtain an apointment with Mayor Daley- - Daily (How do you spell The Honorable's name, anyway?) for a personal interview.
Of course, I am only trying to be humorous but seriously, you are going to get stuck in paying those parking tickets. And the sooner the better.
If you don't, then the city of Chicago will eventually find your car and then you are stuck with a Denver Boot on your car wheel.
After that, you will end up paying all of those parking tickets plus a towing fee plus an impoundment fee plus a storage fee. And then a mandated new Chicago city sticker. That's not even counting all of Chicago's hidden taxes as extra charges.

Best Regards,

Carter Glass

Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,332,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyPad View Post
We have received three tickets for not having a current city sticker for Chicago. Do you know what we can do to not have to pay all three tickets?
Please help!
I wish I had better news for you. But Mr. Street is right -- you're SOL. Pay up, get a city sticker and move on. Even selling your car and/or moving away isn't a practical option if you intend to keep your drivers' license; as a last recourse, the city can petition the state to revoke your drivers' license if you don't pay up. And the state will gladly do so. Alternately, the city will boot and eventually confiscate your car, and eventually auction it off to recover the cost of the tickets (while keeping the rest for themselves).

Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,102,934 times
I concur. Just pay the tickets, and get that city sticker. There is a reason I don't own a car (when it was totalled, the thought of replacing it and dealing with being nickeled and dimed to death by the city was just too much).

Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 AM

18 posts, read 86,074 times
Default nope

you cant beat parking tix. i got mine a month ago, just eat up the 375 trust me lol

Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,258,562 times
Hmmm... Why not pay the $75 for a city sticker since each ticket for a city sticker violation is $125. My advice is to hurry and buy the sticker before you get booted!! The only way you can "get out of paying" is if both your car and the driver that it is registered to are registered outside the city of Chicago (you would have to prove this). In other words, if your car is registered to you and your drivers license has a Naperville address and your car is also registered in Naperville. If either one are in the city, it's too bad.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,207,758 times
Well, the tickets are actually for not displaying a city sticker, so having one now is not an excuse. Challenge the tickets and show up in court with the receipt for buying the sticker, anyway. Look presentble and try to angle for a break. It may work. However, now these tickets don't go before judges (who can have pity) but hearing officers (who don't give a rat's rear) so your chances are not good. Hearing officers go right down the line, in order to preserve their jobs.

Remember, your car is boot eligible and a sticker citation means a court visit is mandatory. If your car is registered in Illinois it is required that you get an IL Driver's license, too.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:53 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,466,761 times
Quote:
Please help!
Yeah, get a current sticker, that might help

Old 08-21-2007, 01:06 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,484,916 times
Quote:
Please help!
Yup, you are SOL indeed. Those misty old days when a connected fellow could get his parking tickets fixed are over my friend. Not even the highest echelon can free one from the cold embrace of the Department of Revenue these days. I doubt even a call from Daley himself would help you. Advice -- Don't get Chicago parking tickets. They are expensive and can't be beat.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:34 PM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Pay it. Don't waste your time fighting it.

I got a ticket years ago for parking in front of an expired meter. They'd installed the meter AFTER I'd parked there....and then ticketed me. :-)

Chicago needs the money to pay for all the politicians mistresses, cousins, nephews etc. ghost jobs...and they're getting too much heat on property taxes so they're squeezing hard everywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago