Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:08 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,646 times

Advertisements

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about that area. It has really gentrified and I always feel safe. If you are walking from the Sheridan Red Line stop it will only be less than two blocks and that stretch is fine in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 04:14 PM

3 posts, read 17,938 times
Watch out for Belmont and Halsted.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 PM

3 posts, read 17,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful View Post
Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about that area. It has really gentrified and I always feel safe. If you are walking from the Sheridan Red Line stop it will only be less than two blocks and that stretch is fine in my opinion.
Why thank you soulful!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:28 PM

11 posts, read 26,318 times
Are you planning on walking to the Ravenswood Metra? I am a 27 year old female, and I leave that station every morning at 558..I would NOT feel comfortable walking east of the station late at night/early in the morning, while it is very desolate. My friend drives to the station from Park Place tower, so close to where you are moving, and he comments often how empty it can be. Just my opinion, though....if you will only be there around rush hour, you will be fine.

That is not Wrigleyville though...just FYI.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:37 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisklaw. View Post
Watch out for Belmont and Halsted.
Well, first of all, I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

Second, to the OP, do you mean the Metra or the CTA? The CTA's fairly nearby and would be no problem to walk to. The nearest Metra stop is Ravenswood, which the other response mentioned.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:40 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Yeah buddy. Gay neighborhoods give you cooties. Jews control everything. Blahblahblahblah....

Old 09-10-2009, 09:18 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I'm a straight male and I've never had anything negative happen to me in Boystown besides wake up with a pretty wicked hangover after a late night or twenty at the Town Hall Pub.)
True story: I'm a gay male, and one afternoon some years back I was out walking down the Halsted strip in Boystown, minding my own business, when a young woman passed me and before I knew what was happening, she grabbed my butt... in broad daylight, no less!

I was absolutely traumatized by the incident... Traumatized, I tell you.

Be careful out there, folks.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:29 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
before I knew what was happening, she grabbed my butt... in broad daylight, no less!

I was absolutely traumatized by the incident... Traumatized, I tell you.
Andrew meet Coldwine. Coldwine, Andrew.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 PM

9 posts, read 85,955 times
lol @ the trolls ....

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did actually mean the Sheridan station. I'm new to Chicago so am still learning the ropes.

Walking to and from Sheridan station would be safe right?

Would that be the fastest/safest way in and out of downtown?

Thanks again everyone

Old 09-11-2009, 12:42 AM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shm.blue View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. I did actually mean the Sheridan station. I'm new to Chicago so am still learning the ropes.

Walking to and from Sheridan station would be safe right?

Would that be the fastest/safest way in and out of downtown?

Thanks again everyone

Yes, on both counts. You should be fine.

Another way to get to/from downtown would be to take the 151 Sheridan bus. It's a very scenic route, but will likely take you a lot longer.

BTW, the name of your new neighborhood is Buena Park. Some real-estate types might hype it as "North Wrigleyville", but that's what it is -- just hype (although you are within easy walking distance from Wrigleyville if that's where you care to hang out).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: