Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 PM

7 posts, read 67,058 times

Advertisements

we r moving from california to chicago.my work location is west monroe. I'm looking for apartment in Schaumberg / Palatine that has asian indian community and close to metra and pre school. Can you please provide me some details?

Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:11 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,972,633 times
There are lots of folks of Asian Indian extraction throughout the Chicago region and basically all Metra service will make it easy to get to W. Monroe, so you could live pretty much anywhere that you have access to Metra. Nothing really wrong with Schaumberg / Palatine area, but I don't know that I would necessary limit my search to those towns. Value in apartments is not that good in all honestly, and I suspect more than a little has to do with the folks that don't shop broadly. A little bit of internet searching will show that rental rates are al over the map right now, with some private parties willing to cut much bigger deals than some of the traditional rental firms...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 AM

1,728 posts, read 4,756,213 times
I might be mistaken, but Schaumburg may not have METRA, which means you have to drive to neighboring suburbs to get to METRA. Schaumburg is an easy suburb to live in, with many amenities, and all stores are close by. Plus, it has a very large South Asian population, and likely many pre schools for that community.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:23 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,033,234 times
There is a Schaumburg Metra, but I wouldn't consider it central Schaumburg at all, more like Hanover Park. You could live in any number of surrounding towns on a Metra line and still be able to take advantage of what you're looking for in Schaumburg.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 AM

13,020 posts, read 19,068,998 times
One of my College friends lived in the complex (known as "walden" then) at Meacham and Algonquin. Easy drive to Arlington Park Metra, and maybe bus service as well. Sizable Indian and Asian population.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM

408 posts, read 1,007,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankyban View Post
we r moving from california to chicago.my work location is west monroe. I'm looking for apartment in Schaumberg / Palatine that has asian indian community and close to metra and pre school. Can you please provide me some details?

Regards

If you go to the Metra website, there is a map that has the locations of its stations:

Metra System Map

I don't know about Palatine, but Schaumburg has a large Indian community (I'm sure Palatine would too). I don't know where they're concentrated, but believe me there's plenty. Are you limiting yourself to those two towns in particular? There are many Indians in other suburbs as well that you could expand into, as Chet stated.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:47 PM

720 posts, read 3,022,131 times
Default schaumburg

Schaumburg is nice and has a good size asian and indian population, it's a nice suburb and they have a metra line.

If your not going to live in the city near work there's any number of nice burbs you could aslo live in, I think Oak Brook has a good size indian/asian population and its relatively close to the city, Naperville has a good size asian community and is a very nice burb, they aslo have metra but its like an 8 year wait to get a parkign spot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs