Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 07:15 AM

5 posts, read 20,509 times

Advertisements

This may be a long shot-but I am looking for an organic or eco-friendly beauty salon anywhere in the west suburbs of Chicago or Chicago itlself.

I have thick, long hair which needs to be layered, so stylist who is good at creature texture and volume with layers would ideal.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 4,575 times
Aris Salon in Orland Park (708-301-7772). All organic products and hair color. Patricia, owner, is a perfectionist. Very pleased with results.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM

18 posts, read 58,086 times
I have been looking for the same thing and there was one in North Shore area that closed down. What I am actually looking for is even tougher to find because the great thing is there are a number of salons "turning" organic which is great news because hair products might be one of the most toxic things on earth. Science is my expertise and that is a good thing and a bad thing-I wish I did not know what I know kind of thing I am looking for a salon that carries PPD free hair color and if anybody knows of one can you tell me? I am not trying to hijack your thread either so sorry!!! My twin died of leukemia very recently and now I am questioning everything she did or used. She did not smoke, do drugs, etc. and blah, blah. But I am glad to see you are tryijng to find a similar thing.
I know there is Henna out there as well at places like Whole Foods but even the Henna is mixed with nasty stuff. I think it is inevitable - I have a friend who is a hair stylist and she said it will be very rare because hair color is what it is kind of thing You are COLORING your hair But organic should not be a problem because she said that is happening. Try going to www.ecovian.com and do a search with keywords "Chicago Organic & Natural Hair Salons" and that might help. Good luck.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,271 times
Well they don't do hair but for nails try Suugarcoated Eco chic Nail Boutique in Beverly/Mt. Greenwood! [url=http://www.sugarcoatednails.com]Sugar Coated - Home - Chicago, IL[/url]

Old 07-28-2010, 01:15 PM

6 posts, read 28,059 times
Hi, We saw this one in Glen Ellyn! Here is the web search and salon link for you to check out!
Good luck. We hope there are more of these popping up, so nice to find non-chemical salons that are healthier for us and no cancer risks!!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 6,489 times
Thumbs up Mongibello Hair Salon

I can recommend a new salon in town called Mongibello Hair Salon. Their stylists can accomodate all your needs. They have also on thier website a coupon for 15% off for new clients.

Mongibello. Hair Salon + SPA

Best

Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,855 times
This was a great salon, very happy, too bad she closed down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gconrad View Post
Aris Salon in Orland Park (708-301-7772). All organic products and hair color. Patricia, owner, is a perfectionist. Very pleased with results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs