Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,869,214 times

Advertisements

Deechee,

How do you define upper middle class? I think you define Upper Middle Class as many of us define Middle Class. Same thing for Middle Class. Most of us would consider Country Club Hills working class to lower class.

Not sure why you or anyone else mentioned Villa Park. That area peaked in 1995 and has been in decline ever since with its empty strip malls and cheap housing. Villa Park is mostly working class stuck between Elmhurst and Lombard.

In order:

Wealthy: Flossmoor
Upper Middle class: Homewood, Tinley Park, Orland Park
Middle class: Hazel Crest, Country Club Hills, Oak Forest
Low income: Well, then it wouldn't be my favorite

I believe people should take advantage of the affordable housing the south suburbs offer. There are nice older homes, and newer homes that would be wonderful if someone would just move in and call them home. People forget that an area never gets better if no one moves in and makes their face seen.

The south suburbs are suffering because instead of people staying put, they run when they see change. If only people understood (by the example of Beverly in Chicago) staying put is a better idea, AND it saves your neighborhood from ruin.

But anyway, onto the N Suburbs:

Since most of them are upper middle class to stankin' filthy rich anywho:

Winnetka
Glencoe
The "Barinngtons"
Kenilworth
Villa Park (could use some work)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 01:24 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
wouldnt upper middle class be like naperville downers grove or arlington heights????

any way

evanston
olympia feilds
south holland
Evergreen park
oak park

hon. mention
romeoville
westmont
brookfeild
lagrange
melrose park

Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 PM

9 posts, read 28,550 times
Highland Park
Lake Forest
Winnetka
Glencoe

Old 04-14-2010, 03:43 AM

7 posts, read 26,760 times
I'm surprised Oak Brook isn't on any of these lists. For me, not sure about the order; but Oak Brook, Naperville, Hinsdale, Winnetka (new trier!), and lastly.. this is a tough one.. maybe Clarendon Hills? I was stuck going through it and thought it was really peaceful..

Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times
1. Park Ridge
2. Arlington Heights
3/4/5. Mount Prospect
3/4/5. Elmhurst
3/4/5. Oak Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs