Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,688 times

Advertisements

I have been receiving unemployment benefits for 1 1/2 months, now my use to be company is appealing my unemployment benefits. I cannot a lawyer because unemployment benefits is my only income. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:53 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyesofkenosha View Post
I have been receiving unemployment benefits for 1 1/2 months, now my use to be company is appealing my unemployment benefits. I cannot a lawyer because unemployment benefits is my only income. What should I do?
Call a lawyer and explain your situation. Even a lawyer unable to help may refer you to one who can. Whatever you do, don't fail to report in.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leddylynn View Post
I was fired and allowed benefits for unemployment. The UI found that i was NOT in misconduct and my employer was not either. I have been receiving checks for a few weeks now, and just received a letter stating that the employer has appealed. Is it possible they can win even tho neither side was found to be in miscounct?
Can someone help me with an answer to this question. The hearing is schreduled for over the phone.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,982 times
I was fired for falsifying time records. I clocked out later then I worked..
Let me just say that I've been with the company for 7 years, I'm a single mom of a 2.5 yr old and now 5 months pregnant.
I was suspended without pay 12/12/12 for 5 days. Then fired 12/19/2013.
I filed for unemployment that same day. I have yet to recieve any payment due to an issue of verification from my company. Finally I was sent a letter of administrative decision that Iam allowed benefits. I've continued to claim each week. When I checked the status of my claim it showed that each week I claimed (4 weeks now) has been denied! This has been such an emotional roller coaster and still continues to be. As of right now I've been on hold with the claim line for 30 mins witha 90 minute wait. What the hell am i to do!!
To even get a job is almost impossible because I have no way to pay for child care for my son.
Please if anyone has any good advice I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you

Old 05-03-2013, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,633 times
I was approve for my first initial benefits and recieve the benfits then the employer appeal and i had my hearing today, kind of scared cus the testimony was from sumone that wasnt there when i was fired and the judge ask for the information that was suppose to be sent in and the employer didnt do dat, but when the judge ask me i didnt want to lie so i told the correct date, but information in question was my timesheet hrs and i didnt turn nothing in but the hrs i work but was not still paid, but the employer stated i falisified the timesheets but why wouldnt they turn that in. No i thinkin i mite lose my benefits, what should i do?

Old 05-03-2013, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shardaisy View Post
i was fired for falsifying time records. I clocked out later then i worked..
Let me just say that i've been with the company for 7 years, i'm a single mom of a 2.5 yr old and now 5 months pregnant.
I was suspended without pay 12/12/12 for 5 days. Then fired 12/19/2013.
I filed for unemployment that same day. I have yet to recieve any payment due to an issue of verification from my company. Finally i was sent a letter of administrative decision that iam allowed benefits. I've continued to claim each week. When i checked the status of my claim it showed that each week i claimed (4 weeks now) has been denied! This has been such an emotional roller coaster and still continues to be. As of right now i've been on hold with the claim line for 30 mins witha 90 minute wait. What the hell am i to do!!
To even get a job is almost impossible because i have no way to pay for child care for my son.
Please if anyone has any good advice i'd really appreciate it.
Thank you
the same thing happen to me the first of march but i recieve my benefits but the employer appeal today and i had my hearing today, and dey told many lies, withheld some much information, and i think i could lose my benefits, so i know how u feel but dont give up cus when the good man step in u will receive everything you deserve!

Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,641 times
i have being getting unemployment for a year and two months now my former employer wants to appeal i have a phone hearing scheduled for the 4th of next month can they do this after all this time.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 PM

118 posts, read 181,034 times
My sister had her employer appeal but didn't have any money for a lawyer. I found this link. It is for a FREE consultation with a lawyer. The link is on the Il unemployment website, so you know it is legit. She called the number and he was her lawyer for the appeal hearing. No charge for the consultation or for representing her at the hearing!

IDES: Legal Services Program

Old 09-20-2013, 11:43 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
How is it that you are promoting this as a way to get unemployment? A temp assignment (if not through agency) - is for a limited time. Getting unemployment from this is wrong and an abuse on the system.

It's very similar to someone promoting that you should get a job from a temp agency and then not answering the phone when the agency calls you for a job and applying for unemployment. Or when someone is not actively looking for a job while on unemployment because earning money through the state is easier than working.

No wonder IL is in such a hole.
No ****. As someone who is an employer, I can say 95% of unemployment cases was there fault. I've had people quit file for unemployment.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,279 times
So I got fired over email from my job. I applied for unemployment, told them everything I could. I was granted unemployment. We had the hearing over the phone. My former employer never called in to rebutle. But one he has called for an appeal. What should i do? Btw he hasn't paid for my workers comp since September of last year and still hasn't payed for my last 2 pay checks. I live and was employed in ct. Btw this is a huge ocular transplant organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs