Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2007, 08:25 AM

31 posts, read 172,673 times

Advertisements

Hi there. My boyfriend and I are considering purchasing a townhome in one of the new developments in Round Lake. We both work in the northern suburbs so it's not really that far out for us, and although the taxes in Lake County are high we can get so much more bang for our buck in the north than we could if we went further south.

I was wondering if some of you could give me some general information regarding the area. Is it a nice place to live? How does it compare to Hainsville and Grayslake? Are there any issues with living there that a person should know about? We don't have children but I would be interested to get an idea of how the school system is since we will probably be looking at selling to get into a single family home in 5-6 years.

Thank you all in advance for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 09:23 AM

15 posts, read 40,820 times
Which subdivision are you considering. We wife and I moved into a new townhome in 2005. The area is growing. The traffic is bad. Round Lake is a nice place to live for your situation. I work in Vernon hills and it still takes me on avg. 45 minutes.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 AM

We're looking at Madrona Village currently. It was developed in 2003. I'm curious about the traffic as well. We would be leaving around 6:45 in the morning, heading to Lincolnshire and Deerfield. How terrible is the traffic that time of day? Would I be looking at a longer than 45 minute commute to Deerfield (Lake Cook Road very close to 94)?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 AM

I'll be honest traffic kinda sucks starting around 6:15. I work in Vernon Hills so I take Fairfield to 60 all the way down. On a good day I leave at 6:15 and get to work about 6:50-6:55 (ON A GOOD DAY!) LOL. Other than the traffic, don't have many other complaints...with the exception of some construction issues at our townhouse.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks so much for the info! I hope they finish the construction that is bothering you in your area soon.

I'll be taking 120 to 94 sooo hopefully I can make it to Deerfield in 45 minutes but we'll see!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 PM

120 isn't much better! In all honesty you are probably better off shooting down 60 all the way to the highway...If anything, it's about the same. 12o backsup big time between Hainesville and 83...Once you get to 45, it's not bad, but 94 doesn't move that great either. You'll just have to get creative. It's about a mile out of the way....but Washington actually moves better. I don't know about you, but I rather go a mile out of my way and be moving than just stuck going nowhere...even if it's the same amount of time!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 AM

Sounds good, I'll definitely try that. Have to get creative with routes sometimes to stay sane that's for sure. I appreciate all the advice, we're negotiating back and forth right now trying to settle on a figure for the place so hopefully I'll be able to start planning out that route by the end of the week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs