Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
REPLY: It what ways are you using the word 'trust' ? Just curious. thanks.
Im many ways,especially since many painters and carpenters are known to steal from peoples houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madib View Post
Am curious to find out what others think of women house painters? Would you hire them? Why or why not? I am a woman paint contractor and just wanted to throw that question out there?
KUDOS! There are not many of us "girl" painters out there! I've been a contractor for 30+ yrs and seriously haven't met many. Have asked that same question many a times. How long have you been paint'n?

Old 04-29-2008, 03:42 PM

110 posts, read 664,971 times
Im many ways,especially since many painters and carpenters are known to steal from peoples houses.

[+] Rate this post positively

Boy is that a rediculous statement.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,254 times
I would love some help naming my all woman's painting company. Any ideas. I need it soon.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
efb

90 posts, read 261,098 times
Absolutely would. Gender is never a factor in my decision making. It comes down to cost, reputation, confidence and ability.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
Default Not sure cutesy names are the way to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinorton View Post
I would love some help naming my all woman's painting company. Any ideas. I need it soon.

If I had to think of the names of the firms of the painting contractors I hired over the years I doubt I could recall any. Mostly I just keep the business cards of the firms that do good work quickly at a fair price.

Really don't think it is great idea to give away too much info in the name of the firm.

Do want to drive around to construction sites in a truck that says "Drippin' Wet Women" on the side? Do you think you can get more work because you use "Mona Lisa Contractors" as your trade name?

Stick to something generic and let your quality of work win you referrals. If you have a name live "Chris" or "Pat" it would be easy enough to just with that -- you can leave folks guessing until you show up at the job site.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM

720 posts, read 3,006,706 times
Default painter

I can see how hiring a women painter could be a benefit. A women may be a little more helpful with design ideas and picking out paint colors, plus women tend to be more precise and detail oriented.

In my experience many painters lack that and don't take time and do a good job and the small stuff and details.

That said I would never hire a painter, contractor, etc who mentioned "African American" owned "Female Owned", etc, I think that's totally pandering for work and is pathetic.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
I care about your price and references.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:14 PM

92 posts, read 309,626 times
Default Absolutely!

I would definitely hire a woman house painter. When I hire contractors I look for the person who can do the job and who has a good personality. Too many contractors have bad attitudes. If it was interior painting I would feel safer with a woman inside my home versus a male house painter. Also, I am continually surprised how "color blind" most men are -- even those who technically are not medically color blind. Many can't appreciate the difference between daffodil yellow and butter yellow. I've even found this to be true with male hair colorists.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,062 times
I am a women painter, and have been for over 40 years. I have owned my own painting company for nearly 30 years. Most women hired me because they felt safe having a women in the house with them and also leaving the house. Women also will leave a house tidy during the job and upon completion.
Also women are more fair with pricing a job and they are not wasteful with products.

It was very difficult getting into the construction industry with other men, and I therefore went out and received my Red Seal, and have my journeyman papers.

My customers feel great with my sense of color choices with them. It is a known fact that 85% of men are colorblind to some degree and that is one reason why a women painter will say something about a color that my be wrong.

When it comes to putting paint on, women have more patience.

Women are also more responsible, they show up, are not intoxicated etc.... on the job.
And will get a job done quickly,
Also when doing a job they know exactly which rooms are most needed to be done first so that the family can get back to normal,, eg.. the kitchen.

I am sure that there are good men painters out there, but over the years they are far and few between.!!!!!

So go ahead and hire a women painter....!!! Wish more women would get into the trade.... It is one that we can excel in.

N. Hart
Painting by Hart
Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs