Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 09:36 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,732,440 times

Advertisements

Rauner has these commercials out stating that Illinois residents deserve better and he is the one to get things done and make the change; however, I haven't seen much progress from him on his current term! I do agree that Madigan is in his way!!

BTW, yes I live in NW Indiana, but we work in Illinois, have relatives and friends there as well so I watch what happens there closely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 09:45 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Rauner has these commercials out stating that Illinois residents deserve better and he is the one to get things done and make the change; however, I haven't seen much progress from him on his current term! I do agree that Madigan is in his way!!

BTW, yes I live in NW Indiana, but we work in Illinois, have relatives and friends there as well so I watch what happens there closely!
It isn't just Madigan. The Dems as a whole like typical leftists think that the only problem is they don't get enough tax dollars from residents and that the people should serve the govt rather than vice versa.

Until the people of Illinois toss those scum out on their @ss nothing will change. The election is simply a choice between gridlock and huge tax increases and more of the same with no reforms.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:05 AM

997 posts, read 850,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I'd rather have another 1.5 years of him standing as a roadblock to Madigan and the Dems rather than rolling over and letting them continue to give it in the rear to Illinois residents. I'll be voting for Rauner and straight Republican in every election. The Democrats have my utter contempt.
Which has added 30 billion in additional debt.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:17 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,732,440 times
Democratic Senate just passed huge tax hike, including income tax rate from 3.75 to 4.95! Rauner is expected to veto it.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...is-senate-vote

Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
Which has added 30 billion in additional debt.
Rauner didn't add it. The Dummycraps who gave out the crazy pensions and didn't fund the pensions and let their pals rob it created the problem.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:56 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Democratic Senate just passed huge tax hike, including income tax rate from 3.75 to 4.95! Rauner is expected to veto it.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...is-senate-vote
Exactly why he will be reelected! He's our roadblock of sanity!

Old 05-24-2017, 01:21 PM

997 posts, read 850,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Rauner didn't add it. The Dummycraps who gave out the crazy pensions and didn't fund the pensions and let their pals rob it created the problem.
It probably would be down around 90 billion if we had another governor (rep or dem), instead it's over 130 billion. Good job BRUCEY.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:51 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Default What is the logic in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
It probably would be down around 90 billion if we had another governor (rep or dem), instead it's over 130 billion. Good job BRUCEY.
Hey you claim to be an electrician, why not try explain how changing out the "master circuit breaker" trying to stay in a "normal" 200 Amp service of the Governor who can do little more than VETO the stupid spending proposals of the runaway Democrat Majority that are essentially insistent on sucking up 5OO Amp Loads of continued gold plated pensions reduce the deficit? Remember the LAST TIME there was a temporary income tax hike all that money was BLOWN on giveaways to insiders.

The "powerplants" of new investment that truly would ADD CAPACITY to the "revenue" of the state, like new nuclear plants, are driven away by fears that they'll end up so heavily taxed that firms choose not to make such plans.

And so to do the policies of Mike Madigan and John Cullerton that take care of THEMSELVES first, last, and always ensure that every other kind of employer HEADS TO INDIANA OR WISCONSIN as quick as they can secure a new site.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:34 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Can somebody explain to me why I keep hearing that the State is out of money ? They are still collecting every penny that they usually do, they just aren't paying bills. So how is it the States broke , the revenue is still coming in?

Old 05-24-2017, 04:02 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,862,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
But this is over the lifetime of retirement, which is not a traditional definition of a millionaire. These are also not representative of the state as a whole, and of course derive from calculations of the IPI, which is a far cry from non-partisan. In truth, the second table should read something to the effect of: "Average total benefits in retirement over 25-30 years." If you live, say, 25-30 years after retirement, your average "total" benefits for some will be as high as ~$82K per year in the best-case scenario (which is not all just salary, of course), or as low as ~$48K per year in the worst-case scenario.
This looks like the present value of the benefits, that is the amount you would need to have to generate those benefits over the rest of your life. Someone who has a pension worth $1.4 million certainly is a millionaire. Even people with good private sector jobs get a fraction of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs