Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:02 PM

40 posts, read 51,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisub View Post
I actually wouldn't recommend Glenbrook schools based on the OP's post, even though we do have Willow Creek in Glenview too. Since I actually live where the OP would be working, I thought I could give them the perspective of a parent in the area where they are looking.
I sent you a PM. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 05:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,235 times
There is most definitely a Christian School in Northfield. Christian Heritage Academy offers an excellent education that is truly Christ-centered and tenderly nurturing kids and their heart for the Lord. Students are challenged academically (as seen in their awards & scores), but flourishing because they are supported spiritually and emotionally. Loving and exceptional teachers are mentors who partner with parents. Our 3 kids are thriving here! High school: AP courses available starting in freshman year, high scores, high % of National & Presidential Honors students. Many opportunities for service and leadership, including Winterim and mission trips. Graduates are attending excellent schools, prepared for college, life and beyond. The community your family will find here is second to none.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,235 times
There are also several churches in the area. The Orchard rents out space at Christian Heritage Academy. Willow creek is located in Glenview. Winnetka bible church isn't too far from Northbrook. Moody Church is a 30 minute ride and North suburban church is located in Deerfield.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:42 PM

43 posts, read 77,161 times
I'll throw my church in there. I attend New Life Community Church. We have 25 locations all over the area if you don't mind a drive. Our pastor is a graduate of Moody and we'd be put into the evangelical group.

My children attend school in district 102 so I don't have much to offer in reference to Christian schools.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:40 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,440,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTexBear View Post
We are looking at Barrington, Northbrook, Highland Park, and Lincolnshire. Other areas among the northern suburbs are of interest.

Our daughter loves her current church youth group in Texas, so she would like to plug into a church there too. We are evangelical Christians and are flexible enough to look at large and small churches. The school is also an important factor, but it looks like almost any school in the northern suburbs would serve her well. The school in Northbrook looks interesting with the block scheduling. I think that would serve her well to prepare her for college scheduling, but it's not the end all in our deciding where to live.

Thanks!
I have a junior at Barrington High School and there are plenty of Christian students there - big Willow Creek presence, and other denominations as well. Students are involved in lots of church youth groups, mission work, high school philanthropy (volunteer hours required to graduate). Everything about the high school - scheduling/AP class choices/counseling, etc. - is geared for the college bound... The areas near Lake Cook Rd. on the east side of town (incl. Deer Park) would be a doable commute for you, though I don't know your price range.

One evangelical Christian high school I can think of is Schaumburg Christian School...

Old 07-04-2017, 06:03 PM

40 posts, read 51,636 times
Following up as I don't want to just drop off after finding my way through our transition.

We are settling in and have been for a few weeks here in Glenview. So far, we love it! The walk to the station is about 7-9 minutes and it's a short ride via train and then shuttle to work. Maybe 30 minutes total. The walkability of the area is new to us, but it's a welcomed change as we had to drive everywhere in Texas. Just getting the mail was a 5 minute drive!

The new Willow Creek satellite location seems to be a good fit for us so far. It's quite different from our church back in Texas, but the core beliefs seem to be in line and the resources for youth is impressive.

Thanks again to everyone for your help as we went through the decision process.

Enjoy your Independence Day!

Old 07-05-2017, 05:21 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,025,890 times
Thanks for giving us an update! Glad you're enjoying your new home.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:11 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,886,090 times
Default Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTexBear View Post
Following up as I don't want to just drop off after finding my way through our transition.

We are settling in and have been for a few weeks here in Glenview. So far, we love it! The walk to the station is about 7-9 minutes and it's a short ride via train and then shuttle to work. Maybe 30 minutes total. The walkability of the area is new to us, but it's a welcomed change as we had to drive everywhere in Texas. Just getting the mail was a 5 minute drive!

The new Willow Creek satellite location seems to be a good fit for us so far. It's quite different from our church back in Texas, but the core beliefs seem to be in line and the resources for youth is impressive.

Thanks again to everyone for your help as we went through the decision process.

Enjoy your Independence Day!
Sounds like things are working out well, that is good to hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs