Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:26 AM

3,495 posts, read 2,185,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronwright View Post
What do you guys think about Burr Ridge?
There is a part of Burr Ridge that feeds into Anne M Jeans Elementary School (District 180). This area is considerably cheaper than the rest of Burr Ridge and for good reason (take a look at the school rankings). If you don't plan on utilizing the public school system it is less of an issue but when you go to sell you may have some difficulty because of it. In general, the further north you are within Burr Ridge, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 12:58 PM

39 posts, read 54,977 times
Ahh burr ridge doesnt seem to excite me with what I m getting..

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Darien/151.../home/18003883

What do you think about this?

The taxes seem unusually high though.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:32 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
Default Nice enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronwright View Post
Ahh burr ridge doesnt seem to excite me with what I m getting..

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Darien/151.../home/18003883

What do you think about this?

The taxes seem unusually high though.
The taxes are high and so is the monthly assessment -- that said that development is mostly well maintained. I suspect there are LOTS more owner occupied units than absentee landlords... For a townhome that place has pretty good sized rooms and the basement is finished quite nicely, which all makes it hard to argue for the assessor to lower taxes...

Really guess it comes down to your own priorities.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
The taxes are high and so is the monthly assessment -- that said that development is mostly well maintained. I suspect there are LOTS more owner occupied units than absentee landlords... For a townhome that place has pretty good sized rooms and the basement is finished quite nicely, which all makes it hard to argue for the assessor to lower taxes...

Really guess it comes down to your own priorities.

I kind of like the house. Its big and has a SF feeling and yes the development is very well maintained. I dont mind the 265 monthly assessment much. I'd rather pay than cut my grass myself or shovel snow every morning.

Will the sell price affect the taxes? I am planning of making a 245k offer on it. The reason being it has been on market for a really long time, since almost november last year and they have dropped price to 260s from original 300s.

Here is the history,

1513 Canterbury Ct., Darien, IL 60561 - Homes by Marco

My only issue with the home is the tax. I wouldnt mind 6000 a month but 2015's taxes are over 7500 which is steep.

I actually loved this home, LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE PHOTOS!!

good airy bright and an end unit!
https://www.redfin.com/IL/Darien/849.../home/18000311

It had an open house yesterday, Nice home, a little dated but a 4-5k low budget kitchen reno and a few other things would make it really nice. Too bad because i planned to make an official offer today and its already contingent. What if my offer is more than the other buyer, can the seller let go of that guy and catch me?

Old 06-29-2015, 03:19 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
There is sometimes the possibility of YOUR sale effecting the assessment, but I would NOT count on it as the assessment is supposed to be based on ALL sales data not just the situation that may exist for ONE sale...

The Chicory Ln townhouse is also nice. It is quite large too, the combo of 1st floor master and finished master make it quite desirable. Taxes are a bit high, as is the assessment, but still not terrible. Technically, once the listing is "contingent" the buyer has the expectation that other offers will ONLY be considered should they be unable to complete the transaction...

Old 06-30-2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
There is sometimes the possibility of YOUR sale effecting the assessment, but I would NOT count on it as the assessment is supposed to be based on ALL sales data not just the situation that may exist for ONE sale...
Oh yeah that kind of makes sense.

Quote:
The Chicory Ln townhouse is also nice. It is quite large too, the combo of 1st floor master and finished master make it quite desirable. Taxes are a bit high, as is the assessment, but still not terrible. Technically, once the listing is "contingent" the buyer has the expectation that other offers will ONLY be considered should they be unable to complete the transaction...
I dont mind the 6k taxes and the history shows the taxes in that neighborhood have been decreasing anyways since past few years so its alright. Its a nice home yeah and quite big to live for 3 people but its kind of a bummer because the location was perfect for us, we liked the home and someone put in an offer just before we were going to.

Well on to another. :/

Old 06-30-2015, 10:28 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,342,548 times
In the Crayola box that is the suburbs, Darien is beige.

- Thrillist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs