Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 11:19 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,342,548 times

Advertisements

I live in Wheaton and have experience driving to both Hinsdale and O'Hare at all hours of the day.

If you leave at 4:30-5a and typically drive faster than the posted speed limit:

Wheaton to Presence Resurrection: 30 mins
Wheaton to Hinsdale Adventist: 17 mins

Below is the Google Maps estimated times for a Wednesday at 4:30a, driving the speed limit. The starting point is a rather nice townhome development on Wheaton's southeast side:

Westmont would save 5-10 mins on the trip to Hinsdale Adventist, but would be the same, if not longer, to Presence Resurrection. If the decision were mine, I'd probably shoot for something in Elmhurst. Quality of life is on par with Wheaton and an improvement over Westmont. The location would split the difference between the two hospitals. I'd also investigate Oakbrook Terrace before Westmont.

Last edited by holl1ngsworth; 06-13-2015 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 11:44 AM

39 posts, read 54,977 times
I will look into Elmhurst and Oak Brook terrace, yeah and take a drive to the address you have mentioned in the map.

I really really like Wheaton but for some reason I think it might not be practical for us on those emergency days. I really want to get to come home and make it to the hospital quickly and wheaton is 14miles from the hospital which is fine early in the morning but sometimes if its an emergency and I am late than its bad.

As I told you, the commute is early but right now both of us stay back at the hospital on emergency days and we would really like to live somewhere we can both come back home after the regular hours instead of staying there for 24 hours.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:57 AM

720 posts, read 1,083,671 times
I'd do Oakbrook over Oakbrook Terrace.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
I'd do Oakbrook over Oakbrook Terrace.

No oakbrook homes in budget. I want to keep my monthly payments below 1650 with HOA.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,474 times
Regardless of where you choose to live, you should definitely check out an app like Waze on the iPhone, which does traffic-sensitive directions with crowd-sourced traffic data. It will make your life a LOT easier whenever you're commuting. For me, it saved me 20 minutes every morning driving across another city.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:27 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,936,800 times
I don't think Oakbrook Terrace has townhomes. It is a very small enclave of houses. I could be wrong. Elmhurst is nearby and probably has something suitable. Oakbrook might have something in the line of townhouses. I've passed a few but they might be condos. I think they are off 31st st.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:29 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
Default No, definitently some townhouses too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
I don't think Oakbrook Terrace has townhomes. It is a very small enclave of houses. I could be wrong. Elmhurst is nearby and probably has something suitable. Oakbrook might have something in the line of townhouses. I've passed a few but they might be condos. I think they are off 31st st.
OT is small, but there are some townhomes and condos too. Oak Brook itself has a few townhouse developments, as well as a handful of condos. That said the original poster will find LOTS more in Elmhurst. Depending on longer term plans, areas like Villa Park, Lombard, Westchester also make a lot of sense...

Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,780,988 times
I recently went to a party at a nice townhouse development in Lombard and met many people who live there, including many professionals and people in the arts in Chicago and other very nice people. If you find a place that is mostly owner-occupied you will probably have few problems, even if the town isn't one of the more affluent ones.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:29 AM

What do you guys think about Burr Ridge?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:50 AM

768 posts, read 1,103,190 times
Burr Ridge is great central location with easy access to everything! Best western historic down towns are all just a hop skip away.

my only issues with Burr Ridge are no metra, and the no downtown/central core charm. but in all honesty its still a desirable area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs