Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 AM

102 posts, read 163,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What do we need then? Another Aurora?
Why do you attack Aurora. It is your life's interest to attack the city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 10:17 AM

138 posts, read 600,137 times
I don't think Plainfield will ever be the next Naperville. It does have some nice old homes and cute downtown, but not near what Naperville did even 30 yrs ago. Oswego has more promise, but I think it's limited by size and development. Geneva and St. Charles are so darn cute!

Aurora, forget it! But maybe one day it will come around and clean up.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
Quote:
What do we need then? Another Aurora?
No, but another Oak Park would be nice.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrik2714 View Post
Why do you attack Aurora. It is your life's interest to attack the city?
And is it your life's mission to attack me?

We all have our opinions, you disagree with mine, end of story. Alot of Aurora is crime ridden and run-down with bad schools, etc. There are several nice areas, but that doesnt make the town as a whole very nice, most would agree. I think most here would agree that its better to have another Naperville than another Aurora.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
No, but another Oak Park would be nice.
Yes, I can agree with you there. Another Oak Park would indeed be nice.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 AM

102 posts, read 163,448 times
Quote:
And is it your life's mission to attack me?

We all have our opinions, you disagree with mine, end of story. Alot of Aurora is crime ridden and run-down with bad schools, etc. There are several nice areas, but that doesnt make the town as a whole very nice, most would agree. I think most here would agree that its better to have another Naperville than another Aurora.

You don't even live in a single family home. Don't you live in the apartments. I would not take advise from someone who doesn't actually OWN in Naperville. Take your blinders off. Just because some parts of Aurora have a large amount of Latinos, does not make it bad. Racist

Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
You don't even live in a single family home. Don't you live in the apartments. I would not take advise from someone who doesn't actually OWN in Naperville. Take your blinders off. Just because some parts of Aurora have a large amount of Latinos, does not make it bad. Racist
Im not racist, what a stupid thing to say!!!! I grew up in West Chicago (a very Hispanic town), almost all of my friends were Hispanic while growing up, and I also have many other Hispanic friends here at work that I hang out with. You dont know me, and calling me racist makes you look foolish. I hope you take that back, I really do.

If you would take YOUR blinders off, youd find that east Aurora is a crime-filled ghetto, regardless of who lives there (black, white, Latino, whatever). Crime and gangs have long been a problem in Aurora. In fact it was IL's murder capital not too long ago!!!!!! There is nowhere that is remotely 1/10th that dangerous in Naperville, thats why Id rather see another Naperville than another Aurora.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
Quote:
You don't even live in a single family home. Don't you live in the apartments. I would not take advise from someone who doesn't actually OWN in Naperville.
Why does him owning or renting have anything to do with his impressions of either city?

Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Why does him owning or renting have anything to do with his impressions of either city?
Ignore her, she hates me because I dislike Aurora. I have no idea where she comes up with this "racist" ****e either. Last year I mentioned that Aurora has a high illegal immigrant count (which they do) and since then Ive been branded as "racist". It never ends with her...

Old 01-07-2008, 01:09 PM

84 posts, read 428,454 times
I don't think rapid growth in housing by itself will make any particular burb 'another Naperville.' Naperville has a unique history that will be hard to replicate. The town was opportunistic in the 50s and 60s about encouraging corporate development along I-88 when the highway was brand new. That started an inflow of upper-middle class families that helped build the reputation of the school system. Put that together with an ongoing commitment to the downtown area, a Metra station, and a lot of room for new housing and you can draw the line to the Naperville of today.

Plainfield doesn't have the corporate employers, transit access, or dynamic downtown that Naperville has. But the number of large semi-upscale single family homes being built in Plainfield will change the demographics of that area in the next 10 years, and it will certainly have a more affluent feel than it has in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs