Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:47 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
Your friend probably lives in South Plainfield in the area near Caton Farm and 59, that is where many of the neighborhoods you describe and show in your video are located. Many of the more affluent Plainfield neighborhoods like Grand Parke, Sprink Bank, and Lakelands to name a few, are farther North in Plainfield. Naperville has plenty of areas with typical sided homes too, that doesn't mean it doesn't have many areas with custom McMansions as well. All I said is there are plenty of areas in Plainfield with custom McMansion type homes. Anyway, this is a silly argument.
Ya I'm not here to argue, and you are right, she lives off Caton Farm right near a Kohls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrik2714 View Post
My issue with you Steve is, you make is sound like all parts of Aurora are bad and everything Naperville is good.

You stereotype Aurora based on one section. I betcha you don't tell people from Stonebridge Subdivision that they live in the ghetto because they live in Aurora. BTW I live in Oakhurst

Naperville is superficial, keep up with the Jones's where teenagers have no concept of personal responsibility. My daughter is the only one from her group of friends who actually work. The kids from Naperville travel to the west side of Chicago for drugs.
You dont want people to 'stereotype' Aurora, but you can stereotype Naperville? I see.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:48 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
No place is "Ok" to stereotype, but everyone everywhere does it. Esp. on forums such as these where people are giving opinions of places they have have emotional attachments to. It has nothing to do with minorities or no minorities.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Moderator cut: referring to deleted post FYI, minorities have nothing to do with the topic, we're talking about crime and schools and overall quality of life here. Quit playing your stupid race card, noones buying it.

Last edited by jessiegirl_98; 01-09-2008 at 03:21 PM..

Old 01-09-2008, 12:08 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,455,878 times
I always get nervous when I hear B is going to be the next A. Impossible to predict. Demographic shifts can happen very rapidly. I'd say that Plainfield, being much more affordable, is at more risk for negative change than Naperville is, but who knows? Who is to even say that Naperville will remain desirable forever? Buy in a community because you like it, and get involved to ensure it keeps moving forward -- not because it will be the next this or that.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:52 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
You know, I think this is the very reason there haven't been that many posts on this board now in a while and we keep having to dig out old threads which are dead and bringing them back to life... Because of complete stupidity on here! Honestly! Attacking one person for voicing an opinion, and then the other telling someone to go to hell? LOL! What is this 6th grade?

This is an opinion board mostly where yes facts can be posted and thanks to the invention of boobtube... Oh sorry, youtube, you can even find video feeds showing footage of the town you are speaking of, but if someone is voicing their opinion on the town then don't attack them for it or point out little stupid things only to irritate the person, and for the attackee, don't stoop down to their level and tell them to go to hell because it will only cause potential posters with questions about the area to see all this and say, "oh the hell with this, they are a bunch of idiots on there"

Old 01-09-2008, 02:58 PM

102 posts, read 163,448 times
I will remember that next time

Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. No one here is perfect and I bet everyone on here has at some point gotten emotionally fired up about some issue or another.

But we must all try to be courteous to one another... otherwise what have we got?

Old 01-09-2008, 03:22 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,245,112 times
Get this thread back on topic (without insults) or it will be closed.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:35 PM

128 posts, read 172,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booboy View Post
I'm not impress with naperville.What the commotions about.Naperville had it' s name as best city a year ago.I didn't see their name this year.Woodridge and lisle made the list this year.Hell i even saw aurora at number 50 a couple years back i think.
LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!! Naperville as best place to live in the nation!!! Now I have heard it all!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!

AURORA MADE THE SAME LIST!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!! Now I really have heard it all!!!!

Just a sec! I have to compose myself. (Wipes tears from eyes.)

In all seriousness, that list is nothing but a commercial! Honestly! How can anyone take that seriously. It's "MONEY" magazine for a reason. When did they become qualified to make such an "important" decision. Maybe if they were a MAJOR MAJOR real estate firm. But they deal with stocks and wealth growth, not real estate in the terms that they are using. If they make a ranking, then so should PEOPLE, or even SEVENTEEN! (If SEVENTEEN made the list, I know for a FACT that Naperville would NEVER make it! Shows how popular it really is!)By the way, Naperville was not #1, it was #2. But either Aurora or Napervile making that list is rediculous! If they are the best Chicagoland has to offer, than Chicago is going down hill much faster than I thought! The sad part about Naperville is that I could take their nicest cookie-cutter subdivision, and the vast majority of people in Scottsdale, Gilbert, Chandler, etc. Arizona would see it as normal!

Back on topic though. No, Plainfied will never be Naperville. But who wants to end up like what Napeville has become. If they want to try replicating something shoot for something worth while like St. Charles, Geneva, or the beautiful North Shore area. If Plainfield ends up looking like Naperville that will be sad indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs