Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 PM

7 posts, read 6,265 times

Advertisements

So I will be relocating to the Chicago area in the coming weeks and looking for a place to live. I am in my young twenties and recently accepted a job in the Lake Zurich area. My thing is obviously being young I want to be around a decent nightlife and if I could I would live in the downtown area. Since that is not a viable option as I work in Lake Zurich and the commute out to my office would be a little more than I could handle. So my questions to you guys is what would you recommend on places to live that are semi-close to my job that can keep a commute under 45 Min? I am trying to keep rent pretty low as well around $700 to $850.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 03:55 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,261,841 times
Downtown Arlington Heights. But you might need to pony up more $$.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:12 PM

166 posts, read 357,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Downtown Arlington Heights. But you might need to pony up more $$.
That's one option but your'e really looking for a shiny turd in a land of turds. You'll most likely travel to different towns so I wouldn't pay a premium to be in downtwon AH. You might be better off in one of those large apt complexes in Schaumburg, however I have no clue about rental prices. Pretty much anything convenient to Schaumburg bars/grills, downtown Palatine and downtown AH would be better than living out in Lake Zurich.

If I were you I'd look for a way to reverse commute by train.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:42 AM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,990 times
you are going to be too tired after working those long hours. trust me, get a nice apt inside lake Zurich. leave the night life for the weekends.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:12 PM

166 posts, read 357,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
you are going to be too tired after working those long hours. trust me, get a nice apt inside lake Zurich. leave the night life for the weekends.
Here's some advice, never trust a person that says "trust me" in an anonymous online forum! Ha.

I have no idea if you will be 'tired' after work or if you will be working long hours or what type of person you are. If you are a home body and won't go out during the week then it makes sense to live as close as possible to work. Anyway, it won't really matter, a year will fly by and you'll be the more wiser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs