Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:45 PM

35 posts, read 285,444 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to Chicago soon and I'm anxious to find a church home in the area. We've been members of a few large ministries over the years and feel most comfortable in large churches, but will definitely consider smaller ministries with good evangelists/ pastors where the uncompromised Word is preached and world outreach plays a role. I love David Demola, Phil Munsey, John Hagee, Charles Stanley, Rick Warren, Joel Olsteen, Paula White, Bam Crawford, Mario Morillo, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Tommy Tenney, Earl Johnson, Perry Stone and so many others, just to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 08:24 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGirl2 View Post
We will be relocating to Chicago soon and I'm anxious to find a church home in the area. We've been members of a few large ministries over the years and feel most comfortable in large churches, but will definitely consider smaller ministries with good evangelists/ pastors where the uncompromised Word is preached and world outreach plays a role. I love David Demola, Phil Munsey, John Hagee, Charles Stanley, Rick Warren, Joel Olsteen, Paula White, Bam Crawford, Mario Morillo, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Tommy Tenney, Earl Johnson, Perry Stone and so many others, just to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
Willow Creek in South Barrington was one of the first few mega non-denominational churches.

Willow Creek Community Church

Old 10-26-2007, 10:09 PM

Default THank You!

Thanks so much for your help, Quickdraw! We'll be sure to visit as soon as we get there -- makes this move to Chicago much easier!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:19 AM

474 posts, read 2,538,493 times
Default Dear Friends

In my opinion, the very best church right in downtown Chicago is the Moody Church. It's on North La Salle Blvd. a number of blocks north of the Moody Bible Institute. I am not sure whether it is financially associated with the Moody Bible Institute, but it is associated with the college activities of the students. The Moody Church is very nice because it frequently has famous gospel singer concerts there.

Willow Creek is also very good as mentioned by another person. My adult kids have gone there many times.

Another very good church to consider is Christ Community Church. But that is out in St. Charles, Illinois. Christ Community Church is probably too far for your regular church. But is a very nice experience for an occasional visit.

All of these churches are known as "Bible" Churches. So they are very fundemental & aligned to what the Bible says - - but they are also non - denominational.

Carter Glass

Old 10-27-2007, 10:54 AM

This is GREAT news, Carter, thanks! A good Bible church is exactly what we need. I am very familiar with Moody but had no idea they were right in the City. We'll probably be settling down around Glencoe, so Moody just might be more convenient travelwise, although we will also visit Willow Creek on ocassion. I am so happy that there are choices in Chicago -- when we moved to So. Cal. from the East Coast 4 years ago it was very difficult for me because I missed my church home so much and couldn't find one in our area (LA County). I ended up commuting over 2 hours each way on Sunday to visit with Pastor Phil Munsey's church in Mission Viejo! Anyway, thank you both so much -- you have no idea what a blessing you've been to me!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:59 PM

69 posts, read 214,949 times
Default willow creek

There is also a satellite North Shore Willow Creek which meets in Glenview, very large, it is also very convenient to Glencoe ( it meets at Christian Heritage Academy, on Waukegan Rd, between Lake and Willow....

Old 10-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Thanks, Chicagomom2! I'm really impressed with the access to good churches in the area, which comes in handy in case the weather isn't cooperating. This move is starting to look better and better!

Old 10-30-2007, 03:20 AM

13 posts, read 89,387 times
Faith Christian Church of Chicago is multicultural and family oriented. 3600 W. 79th St., Chicago, IL 60652

Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 AM

13 posts, read 63,708 times
Since you mentioned your intended location, I also thought of The Vineyard in Evanston...

The Vineyard Christian Church of Evanston

Old 10-30-2007, 12:47 PM

7 posts, read 47,815 times
You might want to check this one out, too...

Welcome to the Lighthouse Church of all Nations

They're located in Alsip.

Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs