Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 AM

939 posts, read 2,380,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGirl2 View Post
Thanks for all your responses. I just got back from a north shore househunting trip and it's looking like Highland Park will be the winner for us. Any of these churches located in that area? And thanks for posting that link, John; I'll be checking it out soon!
Your best bet would probably be the Willow Creek satellite that someone mentioned, in either Glenview or Northbrook. It would probably take you about 20 minutes from the south end of Highland Park. Highland Park has a Jewish majority (my guess is about 55-65% Jewish, but I could be off), so there are no large Christian churches in HP. We're a part of a small denominational church in HP and I don't know a lot about the larger non-denominational options. I didn't know Willow Creek had a satellite until I read it on these boards. It sounds like it might be a great option for you. However, on a Sunday, the drive to Barrington, to the main Willow Creek campus, will be under an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 15,111 times
Exclamation Harvest Bible Chapel - Dr. James MacDonald - Walk in the Word

Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, Elgin, Niles

You can listen to the senior pastor on WMBI 90.1 at 1:00pm Monday through Friday, and you can see the weekend service on Channel 62 on Sundays at 2pm.

This church has it going on! Growing, growing, growing . . . something for everyone. The teaching is incredible. Check it out!

harvestbilble.org

You won't be disappointed!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 AM

474 posts, read 2,538,771 times
Default Mrs. Mimi Brought Up The Comment About Radio....

... As an FYI for Chicago's Christian radio stations, there is of course WMBI as Mrs. Mimi stated.

"WMBI" is the "flag ship" station of the Moody Bible Network (MBN) that has stations throughout the U.S. and even on satellite radio.

Another fine station is WJCH (The 'Family Radio Network' out of Oakland, CA). Their local Chicago area station (WJCH) is located in Joliet, IL on 91.9 MHZ.

In the past, we have also had "K-Love" and perhaps one or two stations on AM radio. Although, I don't hear "K - Love" on Chicago FM radio anymore, I believe it is still on the Sky Angel Satellite system Sky Angel: Christian Family-Friendly Television (TV) and Radio

Carter Glass,
Wheaton, IL

Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 PM

13 posts, read 63,714 times
K-LOVE does still broadcast in the Chicago area...I think it is 104.3FM...

Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,065 times
What is money matters program on? I know you have it. What station to they run it?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,929 times
I recommend looking into Harvest Bible Chapel in Niles, Rolling Meadows & Elgin?! Pr. Jame MacDonald is AWESOME as is his Walk in the Word ministry, which is broadcast over Moody Bible Radio!!

Old 01-25-2009, 12:24 PM

158 posts, read 379,249 times
I'm going to also have to support Harvest- It's AWESOME!

Several campuses:
Rolling Meadows
Elgin
Niles
Crystal Lake

Harvest Bible Chapel - Welcome

Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,976 times
Hi CaliGirl2,

You initially wrote a message in 2007 about relocating to Chicago from Cali. We are actually looking at the same thing. We may be relocating there from the Mission Viejo area. We also went to Life Church from 2002 - 2008. We may even know each other.

We are visiting Chicago this weekend for another interview, and plan to visit a church. Did you find and can recommend one? We prefer a multi-cutural Bible focused, Holy Spirit Led church :-). Can you help?

Old 05-12-2013, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,018 times
Smile Chicago ICC

I would say the Chicago International Christian Church, it's a really loving church. I've been going for about four years, really awesome.

Whitney Young High School, 211 S. Laflin, Chicago, IL (enter in door 9).
[url=http://www.chicagoicc.org]Chicago International Christian Church[/url]

Old 05-13-2013, 01:25 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,939,362 times
I do not want anyone to take this the wrong way but Highland Park has a great number of Jewish people there...and probably other mostly non fundamental Christians as well as others...do not think if I was a fundamental church goer that would be aplace I would choose to live. Personally I love it but I am not a fundamental Christian. Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs