Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 06:48 AM

13 posts, read 20,496 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Willowbrook from Iowa City, IA on March 1. I have been to the Willowbrook area once (but other areas of Chicago many times) and it was to sign a lease for an apartment that I'm actually pretty excited about. I am going to be working in Orland Park - but had virtually no luck finding apartments in the entire Orland area (still baffled) ... I tested the commute and it was only around 20 min with light traffic. Although I am only 23, I am not the type of person that needs to have nightlife every night - maybe a couple times a month - so Willowbrook (or any other suburb) is a little more fitting as I simply prefer a suburban area.

I am just looking for any basic info you guys have on the Willowbrook area - I am figuring I will be doing most of my shopping, ect in Orland since I will be working there, but are there any other commercial centers you guys recommend that are closer to Willowbrook? Willowbrook is a really small suburb so I imagine I will constantly be traveling to surrounding communities. Have any of you guys lived in Willowbrook and had good experiences, etc?

I also see there are quite a few train lines within minutes of my apartment - so that was another thing that attracted me to the area. Just overall thoughts or tips on moving to the area would be highly appreciated by myself! Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 07:36 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,321,642 times
Moving to an apartment in Willowbrook

Here are some c-d threads from quite some time ago so perhaps you will find some answers to your concerns there.

Does anyone know anything about Willowbrook, IL?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...llowbrook.html

Commute from Orland Park to Willowbrook?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...llowbrook.html

Family-friendly areas within 20 miles of Willowbrook?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-20-miles.html

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 AM

^ Thanks... I looked through all of those links - actually just looking for direct info on willowbrook in this post. I understand some posts are "repeats" for the regulars. Those other posts hardly have any responses though besides the commute one.

Maybe people really just know nothing about Willowbrook?! What are the main shopping areas in and around Willowbrook?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,445,845 times
Willowbrook has a Whole Foods on 63rd, a Dominicks at Rt 83 & 63rd, an independent grocer at Rt 83 and Plainfield Rd, where there is also a Sports Authority, Staples, Bed, Bath & Beyond and a whole collection of local and chain stores.

For more extensive shopping options your are about 15 minutes south of Oakbrook Center Mall with is wide range of luxury / specialty shops.

The better apartment complexes in Willowbrook tend to have a mix of both singles, downsizing older folks and a smattering of younger families.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Willowbrook has a Whole Foods on 63rd, a Dominicks at Rt 83 & 63rd, an independent grocer at Rt 83 and Plainfield Rd, where there is also a Sports Authority, Staples, Bed, Bath & Beyond and a whole collection of local and chain stores.

For more extensive shopping options your are about 15 minutes south of Oakbrook Center Mall with is wide range of luxury / specialty shops.

The better apartment complexes in Willowbrook tend to have a mix of both singles, downsizing older folks and a smattering of younger families.
great overall run-through of information for me. I am in one of the bigger apartment complexes in town. I was definitely wondering what the closest chain-store cluster was in the area and if Willowbrook even had it's own.

Also I won't need to access a tollway to get to work - but do most people in the area just get an ipass anyway? Thanks.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,445,845 times
Default If you need to use the tollways the I-Pass is handy...

Some of the toll roads have just about no cash lanes. While technically cannot go online to pay before you get a fine for using an unmanned exit without the I-Pass much easier to get one ahead of time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw290 View Post
great overall run-through of information for me. I am in one of the bigger apartment complexes in town. I was definitely wondering what the closest chain-store cluster was in the area and if Willowbrook even had it's own.

Also I won't need to access a tollway to get to work - but do most people in the area just get an ipass anyway? Thanks.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 739 times
I am a guy about 25 yrs. old and am contemplating moving to Willowbrook from Naperville. I'm looking at an apartment there this weekend. Noticed you were around my age, so I was curious what apartment complex you chose and if you have liked living in Willowbrook the past couple years. Are there enough younger people in your complex and places around there to keep busy and active? Our apt. complex in Naperville had terrible parking issues!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs