Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 AM

389 posts, read 920,657 times

Advertisements

Jewel in my town doesn't allow to buy beer once it's past 12am. Is that a city ordinance or jewels policy? I have not come across this restrictions in Dominica in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 03:39 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
The Jewel in your town is open after midnight? I don't know of ANYWHERE to buy groceries after midnight except Walmart and perhaps 7/11. And yes, there are a number of Jewel stores in my vicinity.

It's probably Jewel's policy. That's my guess. But what city do you live in, anyway?

Last edited by urza216; 11-20-2012 at 03:53 AM..

Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM

54 posts, read 148,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem_223 View Post
Jewel in my town doesn't allow to buy beer once it's past 12am. Is that a city ordinance or jewels policy? I have not come across this restrictions in Dominica in Chicago.
Most likely a city ordinance. Without knowing the city and the type of liquor license Jewel holds in that city, it would be hard to determine if it is city ordinance or Jewel's policy. I highly doubt Jewel would want to cut off alcohol says if they don't have to especially since there aren't a lot of places open past midnight.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM

389 posts, read 920,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogao View Post
Most likely a city ordinance. Without knowing the city and the type of liquor license Jewel holds in that city, it would be hard to determine if it is city ordinance or Jewel's policy. I highly doubt Jewel would want to cut off alcohol says if they don't have to especially since there aren't a lot of places open past midnight.
they're open 24, but close liquor at midnight, its in glendale heights, but on other side, the dominicks in Lincoln Park in Chicago, open till 2:00am, sells alcohol past midnight.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM

54 posts, read 148,471 times
Quote:
they're open 24, but close liquor at midnight, its in glendale heights, but on other side, the dominicks in Lincoln Park in Chicago, open till 2:00am, sells alcohol past midnight.
Looked at the Village of Glendale Heights website, and it appears you should have been able to buy alcohol up till 1:00 am unless the information is outdated on the website:

4-3-11: CLASSIFICATION OF LICENSES

L. Class D: A class D license shall authorize the retail sale on the specific premises of all alcoholic liquor in its original package, not for consumption on the premises where sold. Signs shall be posted in the store displaying prohibited sale hours of alcoholic beverages. This license shall not be available for gas stations and convenience stores.

4-3-19: DAYS AND HOURS OF SALES:
1. No alcoholic liquor shall be sold, given away, offered for sale in, or consumed in, upon or about any premises licensed under this chapter during the times specified in this subsection:

k. Class D licenses: Between the hours of one o'clock (1:00) A.M. and seven o'clock (7:00) A.M. on all days.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,869,669 times
Quote:

Nevermind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs