Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 PM

17 posts, read 22,319 times

Advertisements

Long story short in early may I received 5 tickets at once in the mail from a right on red. I've read numerous articles on these cameras, why in place, etc, etc. I'm not denying what I did, frankly I'm quite embarrassed, but if a cop would've pulled me over it would be a one time fine. Now I've finally got a hearing on Thursday, I plan on telling the judge to please have me pay one fine, since I wasn't given adequate time to correct the behavior. Also if I would've known what I did was wrong, I would've corrected the behavior. Is this far fetched. To think? BTW any harsh criticism Please take it somewhere else
What are my options? Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM

815 posts, read 2,998,404 times
Worth a try. If they say no, at least you asked, it will be five tickets for sure if you don't.

It does suck that you didn't know you were racking up the tickets. Wasn't the intersection marked?

Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM

Signs are posted.

I'm totally aware I'm at fault, once I got all five at once I was sure to correct the behavior. Keep telling myself I would've rather delt with a cop, since I would've been told right away. Now with five tickets I look like a perpetual offender with no issue breaking the law. Thursday at eight am my fate shall be decided.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM

Listen. I did not realize what I was doing was wrong! Right on red is for every infraction. For the record I do care about the law, but to be butt raped for 500 dollars, get all of the citations is a little much. Since those tickets I haven't gotten anymore.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:59 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,748,544 times
I deleted my message because I realized that when I ran one myself earlier this year I just didn't see the signs, and I pride myself on my safe driving. I was distracted by my baby crying in the back and I was in an unfamiliar area. Mistakes happen. But it was the first and only ticket I've ever received. Ever.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 PM

For every ticket I got that week in may I was leaving work late at night, clear roads, no other cars in sight. Again I realize my mistake. Just can't stomach 500 dollars of money I don't have. Everything I've read this doesn't seem to go in my favor.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:29 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,748,544 times
I can't tell whether you did it 5 times because you didn't see the signs or because you didn't think you needed to obey them. You'd be better off going with the 'didn't see them, it was late at night' defense than the 'the road was clear' defense.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 PM

Everytime I've ever made a right on red I'd look at any oncoming traffic from the left, than I'd proceed to turn. That's how I've always done right turns

Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 AM

588 posts, read 1,800,109 times
Need some clarification. Was A) right on red NOT allowed and you turned or B) right on red IS allowed, but you stopped too far after the white line, rolled the stop, etc.? Also you said you got these late at night. Depending on the camera system, there is usually a very bright series of flashes while the picture is being taken, where there any? If there was, after the first time, that is usually a pretty good "warning".

Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 AM

Right on red is allowed. I stopped for a moment than proceeded to make the right turn. As far as flashes I saw none. I'm guessing I'm guilty cause I didn't stop long enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs