Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:09 PM

999 posts, read 4,655,429 times

Advertisements

My husband will be visiting St Charles, IL on business next week. He's given me the task of finding the best Pizza and Seafood places somewhat nearby. Any help?
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 07:49 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,363,785 times
Seafood - don't know of any except red lobster on randall in Geneva, IL. But there is "st. charles place" on North avenue that is a "supper club" type atmosphere and I have had the salmon there that is good - they also have prime rib and stuff.

Pizza - there is one in town, on north avenue again (main street) that is just East of the fox river, Pizza Pi (used to be named Armand's) that is very good thin crust. Or you can go to Gino's east on North avenue (not in the downtown, farther east) that has thin crust and deep dish. That is pretty good.

There is also a good italian restaurant named "za za trattoria" West of the river on north avenue/rt. 64/main steet right in the downtown.... that may have both!
If he wants a "sports bar" atmosphere, Rookies farther West on north ave. also has pizza / burgers but it is not quite as good as the other 2 pizza places.

He should just take a drive up and down north avenue and he will find something...

Good luck!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 AM

34 posts, read 39,788 times
Gino's East of Chicago (American,Banquet,Family Dining,Fast Food,Italian,Outdoor Dining)
1590 E. Main Street | St. Charles, IL 60174 | (630) 513-1311
Open for: lunch and dinner: Daily
Join us for our world-famous Chicago Style deep dish pizza. Ask about our "no charge" private party room. We deliver! Banquet space available for 50 persons. $$ www.featuredfoods.com

Giordano's Restaurant & Pizzeria (Family Dining,Italian,We Deliver)
3641 E. Main Street | St. Charles, IL 60174 | (630) 762-1600
Open for: lunch and dinner: Daily
Pioneer of the famous stuffed and equally renowned thin crust pizza! Pastas, sandwiches, and assorted fresh salads. Full service bar. Dine-in, carryout, delivery and catering available. $$ Giordano's, Chicagos World Famous Stuffed Pizza

Old 08-02-2007, 07:54 AM

Giordano's IS good deep dish pizza. I like it. Never had their thin crust.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:11 AM

999 posts, read 4,655,429 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Sure he could drive and pick a place, but you never know if it's any good.....

Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,434,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Sure he could drive and pick a place, but you never know if it's any good.....
Id go to Buds over Rookies anyday. They have hundreds of brews available (some on tap), some of the best burgers youve ever had, all set in a stadium-like restaurant. Its old, but cheap and good.

There is another thread on here about St. Charles, where I listed several more restaurants. There is also Demitri's on Rt. 64 across from the Charlestowne Mall. Its a rotisserie of sorts, I want to say Mediterranean? There is also Francesca's on the River in downtown, as well as Erik n Me.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 AM

Yeah, there is tons of restaurants around here now. I am so happy, when I moved out here 13 years ago from the city, I was in culture shock, there was fastfood and 1 or 2 "family" (aka= bland) restaurants and that was IT. Fox valley has boomed since then.

There are also several mexican restaurants around town that have a good rep.

And typical of chicagoland, word gets out pretty quick if they are lousy. So not many bad ones around - worst food you are likely to get is from a chain/fastfood.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:08 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,434,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
There are also several mexican restaurants around town that have a good rep.
Thanks for reminding me. Try Miguel's in downtown St. Charles, pretty good!!! There is also a El Taco Grande off of Randall Rd in Batavia (next town over from Geneva and St. Charles), next to the Post Office and Randall 16 theatre. Best tacos Ive had lately. The cool thing is, its set in a Spanish-style building, with a nice outdoor patio and Spanish music piped over the airwaves. Nice place with nice prices, I recommend it.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 AM

101 posts, read 386,366 times
Gino's East - excellent deep-dish pizza
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs