Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 7,301 times

Advertisements

Just a brief background on me:
We are a family of 3 (me, my wife and a 7 month old son). We are currently staying in the city and we like every bit of it. However, we are looking to make a move to the burbs so that we can come closer to our family and friends.

We are currently evaluating few apartment communities in downtown Arlington heights. Can anybody advise how is the arlington heights downtown to stay in? Is it safe? Is it live/vibrant area (not comparing it to Chicago, but still).

Also, any good apartment communities that people can recommend in that area. My job is in the loop, so I want something to be walking distance to the Metra.

Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM

306 posts, read 481,006 times
Hello Adesia, I lived in Des Plaines quite a while ago which is close to Arlington Heights(now live in Geneva), but to answer your question, yes Arlington Heights is very safe to live in, has excellent metra transportation.
The restaraunt and nightlife scene is okay, it is not like those found in downtown Naperville, St. Charles, etc, but those communities are much further from the city and it sounds like you want to be closer to the city.
There are a lot of highrises(by suburban standards, not city) in the downtown area and a movie theatre.
Plus you are close to Schaumburg which has everything you really need in forms of shopping/dining.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 PM

220 posts, read 745,300 times
Two nice full service buildings right downtown AH - Arlington IL Apartments | Avalon Arlington Heights

Dunton Tower Apartments Arlington Heights, IL - Apartments for Rent in Arlington Heights Illinois

These are great buildings right in the heart of the Village. I know the Village very well because I used to work for the Village and also lived in the central area for 2 years.

You can't do much better than downtown Arlington Heights.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM

818 posts, read 2,174,733 times
I lived in downtown AH for a year. It is definitely safe, and convenient to downtown. I liked the variety of restaurants there. Having a movie theater that plays current movies right nearby was neat, I could decide I want to see a movie, see one starting in 10 minutes, and go to it! There are also some cool things nearby like the racetrack and Schamburg-Woodfield.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,279,993 times
You are also walking distance to an excellent public library and to Recreation Park which has an outdoor pool & playground. Nearby North School has a park which is geared towards tykes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs