Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 AM

26 posts, read 55,875 times

Advertisements

I have been looking into a row house on s king... does anyone know about the area and have any comments? I know its not going to be "quiet" per say, but he building is so beautiful I love the era of brownstones etc..

Also I have found Beverly to be interesting.. how easy is it to get on the train and how long of a ride to downtown? Does anyone know of Beverly area.. cute homes it seems with a bit more of peaceful with larger yards. Any downfalls or postives that stand out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 12:19 AM

3,473 posts, read 3,392,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinesmilee View Post
I have been looking into a row house on s king... does anyone know about the area and have any comments? I know its not going to be "quiet" per say, but he building is so beautiful I love the era of brownstones etc..

Also I have found Beverly to be interesting.. how easy is it to get on the train and how long of a ride to downtown? Does anyone know of Beverly area.. cute homes it seems with a bit more of peaceful with larger yards. Any downfalls or postives that stand out?
I think that area you're referring to(Bronzeville) would be a good one for buying a house on. The neighborhood around there has been improving for the most part, and both the fact that Chicago Police Department built it's new city headquarters on 35th, plus that IIT(I've sometimes been known to walk through its campus, the infrequent times I ever get into that area super early before a White Sox game) and De La Salle High School are all in that area help. Overall, it's improved so much in the past 5-10 years I've infrequently passed through that neighborhood. In fact, I actually did eventually want to check out a restaurant I've kept reading about online(Chicago's House of Chicken and Waffles).

To answer your question about commuting inbetween Beverly and downtown, I'd say it normally takes about a half hour to get to the downtown La Salle St.(Rock Island) terminal, give or take. If you live south of say like 103rd, it might be closer to 35-40 minutes. But generally, it isn't a long commute at all.

Good luck with your house search.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:48 AM

26 posts, read 55,875 times
Great.. yes Im on my way to focus on a location. I think the row home is a cool thing, as we are making a big change. Moving away from Pensacola FL..with a job relo. I was looking at lakeview.. but the price range is having me look elsewhere and I hope to stay around the lake or close enough to walk and enjoy it.. Need some water around or accessable to ease the transition. Thanks for your help on the row home idea and knowing the police station is near is helpful! What is considered the artsy area ..wouldnt mind checking out the local art when I come to visit. Im sure putting my feet on the sidewalks and exploring theses two areas while Im there will help me make up my mind.. Any other info would be awesome. Thanks!

Old 10-29-2010, 11:10 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,276,236 times
MOD, please move this to Chicago Forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs