Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:26 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,247,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Believe it or not I actually have all of the steering wheel styles memorized according to brand. LOL

I figured the '95 full size vans used the same four spoke airbag wheel that was used in the Chevy/GMC trucks and SUV's.

Like this...
One would think they would have and they probably would have, had the airbag been added in 1995 rather than 1994 on the vans, or had that 4-spoke steering wheel been around in 1994. I think their reasoning is that since the airbag was added in 1994 on the van and a redesigned van (Express) was slated for 1996 (which did get that wheel), they would not go through the expense/trouble for designing a special steering wheel for these and the airbag you posted was not used until 1995. If I recall, the ONLY other Chevrolet that had an airbag in 1994 was the Caprice and Camaro (in 94' the Cavalier nor the Lumina had airbags), which seems like the wheel they should have used, but I guess they didnt want to have two makes of vehicles on the lot with the same steering wheel, so they used the Buick wheel design.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 09:19 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
If I recall, the ONLY other Chevrolet that had an airbag in 1994 was the Caprice and Camaro (in 94' the Cavalier nor the Lumina had airbags
The Corsica and Beretta started using air bags in '91, but they had their own special steering wheel. LOL

Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 755 times
My 1991 Buick Park Avenue Front Elect leather seats will move in all ways except recline on either side. What can I do tofix@ I bought this car usedin great shape but with this problemFGaylor

Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,247,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The Corsica and Beretta started using air bags in '91, but they had their own special steering wheel. LOL
Your right! I had completely forgot about the Corsica and Beretta even existing when I posted that, which is strange since I suprisingly liked these cars and was considering buying a new Beretta in 1992 when I got my driver license! I also remember it was on my list of potential cars, because my mom wanted me to get a car with an airbag.

Got a 1972 Cadillac instead. lol.

I remember that steering wheel on the airbag 1991 Corsicas/Berettas... really nice looking wheels and better than those on the 1991 Buicks imo.

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 11-08-2009 at 09:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC