Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 02:13 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
It’s refreshing to read your post without any rhyming. It’s far more coherent.
Here’s what I do. Have a truck and a sports car. You can get an older Vette or muscle car and a truck for what a new or slightly used C8 would cost.
You don’t have one set of clothes do you? Do you mow the yard and go to weddings and funerals in the same outfit? Of course not. Have the right vehicle for the right occasion.
Only been to one wedden in 1975 my sisters and no more funerals since all fam is dead fred. I have not bought cloths in years and mow in the same stuff duff i do everything in.

Just want my old 650hp C6 back jack. C7 is way too tame and feels and sounds like a caddy daddy. C6 had a more raw feel. But the C6 is getting long in the tooth ruth and i don't like buying cars that are over 5 years old. Had a 2015 GT Stang and it had it's share of problems and the power was nothing like a stock C6 down low bro.

There is nothing left so a 98hp Spark it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 02:54 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,940,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Only been to one wedden in 1975 my sisters and no more funerals since all fam is dead fred. I have not bought cloths in years and mow in the same stuff duff i do everything in.

Just want my old 650hp C6 back jack. C7 is way too tame and feels and sounds like a caddy daddy. C6 had a more raw feel. But the C6 is getting long in the tooth ruth and i don't like buying cars that are over 5 years old. Had a 2015 GT Stang and it had it's share of problems and the power was nothing like a stock C6 down low bro.

There is nothing left so a 98hp Spark it is.
Jesus, you made a long twisty road of rationale to get from 450hp Vettes to 98 hp Sparks. Thank god, you’re not the demographic engineers design for.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:18 PM

9,500 posts, read 4,334,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball92 View Post
I saw my first c8 on the road yesterday. It was the orange color which I was not a fan of but WOW!! what a sexy car! I would love to see this live in fire engine red! A lot of car for only starting in the 60s.

I would be curious to know what the dealers are marking these up? My guess it $6-10k.

1) Right now, they're waaaay overpriced. You can't get one for anywhere near MSRP. Not blaming dealers - if people are dumb enough to pay $100K+ for a base C8 (the reality in my area), dealers would be stupid not to take dumb people's money.

2) GM has a long history of messing up 1st model year redesigns. I'm waiting a year or two. Just bought a BMW Z4 M40i to fill the gap.

3) The C8 is friggin' gorgeous and an engineering masterpiece. Unfortunately, it's measured performance (other than 0-60) is disappointing. It's a great car for $60K or 70$K - not so much for the $90K dealers are asking.
4) I'm waiting a year or so for the bugs to get worked out and the prices to become reasonable. 3LT Z51 convertible for me.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:29 PM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
Quote:
It’s refreshing to read your post without any rhyming. It’s far more coherent.
I had to finally put him on ignore, reading his posts made my head hurt trying to read the post and figure out what he was saying haha

Old 08-30-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I had to finally put him on ignore, reading his posts made my head hurt trying to read the post and figure out what he was saying haha
I want to, but like a car accident, I just can’t look away. Internet brings out some strange folks.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
1) Right now, they're waaaay overpriced. You can't get one for anywhere near MSRP. Not blaming dealers - if people are dumb enough to pay $100K+ for a base C8 (the reality in my area), dealers would be stupid not to take dumb people's money.

2) GM has a long history of messing up 1st model year redesigns. I'm waiting a year or two. Just bought a BMW Z4 M40i to fill the gap.

3) The C8 is friggin' gorgeous and an engineering masterpiece. Unfortunately, it's measured performance (other than 0-60) is disappointing. It's a great car for $60K or 70$K - not so much for the $90K dealers are asking.
4) I'm waiting a year or so for the bugs to get worked out and the prices to become reasonable. 3LT Z51 convertible for me.
Some dealers are marking them up 30k or more gore.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Some dealers are marking them up 30k or more gore.
100% the buyer’s choice. Right now driving a C8 is as rare as driving an exotic car. Due to Covid, demand is outstripping supply. The rarer a car is, the more it sells for. Surely you understand this.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post

0-60 times are impressive given its much less hp than others in this realm and it’s only 2wd. I seriously cannot find anything wrong with this car at any price. The biggest weak spot of Corvettes has always been interior and I think they’ve nailed even that down. I was once a naysayer of mid engines, but the stats on this car have proven otherwise. The convertible is gorgeous. I’d buy one even if it don’t fit my Yeti

Old 08-30-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Jesus, you made a long twisty road of rationale to get from 450hp Vettes to 98 hp Sparks. Thank god, you’re not the demographic engineers design for.
460hp means nothing when the factory tune has tons of lag. Nothing like headers and a tune from HP tuners to wake a car up my man. I added a ported TB that helps some. But i had plans for many mods up to 650hp, but with all the problems i would never take a chance as the warranty is out the door once you tune it.

The C6 was a much better car after tuning and mods.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
0-60 times are impressive given its much less hp than others in this realm and it’s only 2wd. I seriously cannot find anything wrong with this car at any price. The biggest weak spot of Corvettes has always been interior and I think they’ve nailed even that down. I was once a naysayer of mid engines, but the stats on this car have proven otherwise. The convertible is gorgeous. I’d buy one even if it don’t fit my Yeti
The C8 is as good as a C7 ZO6 down low bro. But lacks the power at the upper end. I will wait a C8 out for 3 years and see how many problems they have. C7 has been a nitemare since the 2015 with the 8 speed auto and all the bad rear ends friend and cracked wheels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC