Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:53 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,062,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I might as well just get the other truck such as the dually Silverado or Sierra and just leave my Suburban alone.
To be honest, I would STRONGLY suggest that.

A half-ton Suburban really doesn't share much with the one-ton Duallies. They're far more different than they are alike.

A 2WD half-ton Suburban, and a C1500 of the same vintage will be very similar. Not so with the Duallies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times
It appears you've already asked this question.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...rt-1990-a.html

Old 01-07-2014, 11:03 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,359,012 times
OK so you want a truck/SUV that looks like this which is a movie truck that was speciality built for a movie and street legal and other emissions stuff go out the window since it is a movie vehicle that was specially built/fabricated to look like it does like below:

OP it would be cheaper just to buy a CrewCab 4-door K3500 Dually 4x4 and put on a painted to match the rest of the truck Canopy on the back to get the same look for a lot less $$$ and still have a truck that is a capable dually and 1-ton rated truck.

Buy a truck like this:

Add one of these:

And you are done and have a safer more capable truck that in the end will cost a lot less money and not only provide the look you want but give you the tow/hauling capacity that people buy and use them for in the first lace it is a win-win to do it that way IMO

Old 01-07-2014, 04:37 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,621,649 times
There are some already done up as dually.
If you really want to. Go find a dually c3500 that is the same body style as your truck. Put that suspension on your truck and bolt in the axles. IMO lots of work for really very minimal returns.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:43 PM

568 posts, read 2,422,816 times
Personally, I'd love a dually Suburban. I almost bought one a couple years ago. I wouldn't want a 1/2-ton Suburban, though. It'd have to be a 3/4-ton.

You have to admit that the dually Suburban makes a bit more sense than this dually Blazer I've seen running around my town, though I could apply some of my own touches to the dually Blazer and make a pretty killer ride out of it.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,359,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
Personally, I'd love a dually Suburban. I almost bought one a couple years ago. I wouldn't want a 1/2-ton Suburban, though. It'd have to be a 3/4-ton.

You have to admit that the dually Suburban makes a bit more sense than this dually Blazer I've seen running around my town, though I could apply some of my own touches to the dually Blazer and make a pretty killer ride out of it.
Man the ride on that beast would be spine jarring rough with the stiff HD 1-ton suspension on the SWB of a K-5 Blazer

Old 01-08-2014, 11:55 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,432,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
OK so you want a truck/SUV that looks like this which is a movie truck that was speciality built for a movie and street legal and other emissions stuff go out the window since it is a movie vehicle that was specially built/fabricated to look like it does like below:

OP it would be cheaper just to buy a CrewCab 4-door K3500 Dually 4x4 and put on a painted to match the rest of the truck Canopy on the back to get the same look for a lot less $$$ and still have a truck that is a capable dually and 1-ton rated truck.

Buy a truck like this:

Add one of these:

And you are done and have a safer more capable truck that in the end will cost a lot less money and not only provide the look you want but give you the tow/hauling capacity that people buy and use them for in the first lace it is a win-win to do it that way IMO
I hear you. I might go that route instead by getting a dually Silverado and leave my Suburban alone.

Although I do however like the idea of having a vehicle such as a Suburban that can hold 8-9 people and tow large stuff at the same time when needed. A two-in-1 thing.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:13 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,314,098 times
Hm. I'm getting rid of my Silverado 3500 dually as I bought a 2500 series big block Suburban just for that reason: I want the people carrying capability, still with the ability to carry 4x8 shets of plywood/sheetrock, and the ability to tow my 30 ft travel trailer. The 2500 HD Suburban can tow about 11,000 lbs, which is almost as much as my 3500 dually, making it the perfect 2 in 1 rig.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Hm. I'm getting rid of my Silverado 3500 dually as I bought a 2500 series big block Suburban just for that reason: I want the people carrying capability, still with the ability to carry 4x8 shets of plywood/sheetrock, and the ability to tow my 30 ft travel trailer. The 2500 HD Suburban can tow about 11,000 lbs, which is almost as much as my 3500 dually, making it the perfect 2 in 1 rig.
Plus, store stuff in the back where it is covered and when you go camping, you can sleep in the back with the third seat tok out.

Also, how is the gas mileage on the Suburban 2500 big block compared to my V1500 350 Small block.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post

Speaking of the 3/4 Ton Suburbans, maybe it is best to have the 3/4 tons since they already have the rear end parts of a dually?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC