Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:24 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,385,304 times

Advertisements

Gorgeous interior...this is probably the first class competitive (class leading even?) interior Cadillac has put out in a long time. Cadillac seems to have taken a "less is more" approach and it works well; all the German interiors seem busy and without much depth. I'll be really interested to see how this car stacks up in the comparos--it looks poised to do well.

I love this angle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,895 times
Yeah, the elderly don't like innovation. They just like Kia clones.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,071,383 times
I think I've seen that seat design somewhere before... oh yeah... 1999 BMW 3 series.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
I think I've seen that seat design somewhere before... oh yeah... 1999 BMW 3 series.
Don't you have anything better to do than post idiotic, completely ridiculous comments?

You probably couldn't afford a 1999 BMW much less a new Cadillac so why waste your time bashing a car that you have no interest in?

Obviously since this is one of the biggest car releases of this year, most others have a very different opinion than you do. Contrary to what you think, Cadillac is going to take an even bigger bite out of the German competition when this finally hits the market. The 1st generation CTS was a booming success, the 2nd generation gained an even larger share of the luxury car market, and I have no doubt the 3rd generation is going to really kick it up a notch.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 PM

221 posts, read 335,408 times
I have to wonder about the repair costs for a replacement LED strip...on the parking lot 'ding' corners. Hmmm.

On the way to work today I saw a newer Audi with the LED running lights out on one side, I wonder if this is the beginning?

Gotta say though, I love the Audi look, should be interesting seeing the Caddy billboard LED's

Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,278 times
Yawn whatever.....

Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,385,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Don't you have anything better to do than post idiotic, completely ridiculous comments?

You probably couldn't afford a 1999 BMW much less a new Cadillac so why waste your time bashing a car that you have no interest in?

Obviously since this is one of the biggest car releases of this year, most others have a very different opinion than you do. Contrary to what you think, Cadillac is going to take an even bigger bite out of the German competition when this finally hits the market. The 1st generation CTS was a booming success, the 2nd generation gained an even larger share of the luxury car market, and I have no doubt the 3rd generation is going to really kick it up a notch.
Best not to feed the trolls; they aren't worth the time or energy.

I'll be interested to see how many this sells each month. The current CTS had a bite taken out of its sales by the ATS, and with this new CTS moving upmarket I wonder is volume will stay about the same or if they will pick up additional conquest sales. Either way, as long as Cadillac is making money the volume doesn't matter.

It's also interesting to note the softening of Art & Design in the styling. I was reading that part of the reason is because Chinese consumers aren't as enamored with the sharp edged styling of the original A&S. Overall, it's a nice evolution.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,071,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post

Actually I'm shopping for a new(er) one, probably a 2010. Cadillac isn't on the short or long list.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:43 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
I like the current CTS (in the V trim) but honestly the car is ugly. The new ATS is ugly and laughable that they think it is going to steal sales from BMW, Audi and Mercedes Benz. I drove the 3.6 ATS at a Cadillac track event, car did everything fine but it felt like a rental car. When I saw the 42K sticker I just laughed.

The new XTS looks nice but the dash sucks....it is going to deter sales to older people.

Cadillac is just suffering from an identity crisis and trying a bit of everything to save itself. I would surely rent one but buy one....nope. Just as a side note I have purchased a new E500, M3, Audi A8, GL SUV and several high line used cars over the years and I am the buyer that Cadillac is shooting for.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I like the current CTS (in the V trim) but honestly the car is ugly. The new ATS is ugly and laughable that they think it is going to steal sales from BMW, Audi and Mercedes Benz. I drove the 3.6 ATS at a Cadillac track event, car did everything fine but it felt like a rental car. When I saw the 42K sticker I just laughed.

The new XTS looks nice but the dash sucks....it is going to deter sales to older people.

Cadillac is just suffering from an identity crisis and trying a bit of everything to save itself. I would surely rent one but buy one....nope. Just as a side note I have purchased a new E500, M3, Audi A8, GL SUV and several high line used cars over the years and I am the buyer that Cadillac is shooting for.
Actually you're wrong. Read: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/p...lac-sales.html

I think Cadillac has DEVELOPED its own identity with the A&S design. It's unique to Cadillac and doesn't resemble anything the competition is doing.

The new ATS is a wonderful driving vehicle, I test drove one a few months back and posted a review on here somewhere I believe. Absolutely a fantastic vehicle in driving dynamics, interior quality, and general levels of refinement.

I think young, white collar professionals under the age of 35 are what Cadillac is really shooting for with the ATS while the new CTS is going for a bit more mature market from 35-55, the XTS obviously is going for the retiree market previously who would purchase the DTS.

So while your entitled to your opinion, I wholeheartedly disagree with it. I would definitely consider the new CTS and ATS if I was looking for a luxury sedan but unfortunately I think the C7 Corvette convertible will win in the competition for my garage space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC